Buying Advice Looking to purchase new or used/demo utility tractor 100HP range

/ Looking to purchase new or used/demo utility tractor 100HP range
Katy Prairie is great hunting - been there a few times. Quail in this area have lost their habitat and is the reason I am trying to restore the land with native grass. You get the quail back, you get all the other wildlife too!

I was very concerned about the flooding of tractors too. One reason I am looking a reputable dealers none of which flooded and tractors they had on site or just shipped in from the factory. The demo tractor has a full 2 year factory warranty on it.

I will be back out at the dealers looking again Friday with a hope of purchasing something late Friday or Saturday morning.

/ Looking to purchase new or used/demo utility tractor 100HP range #12  
I went through your situation about (4) yrs. ago. At first, I was only considering either a Kubota 9960 or a JD 5100E. I wound up with a NH T4.95 w/ 665TL loader. I have put 300 hrs. on it using it for handling large rounds, mowing with a batwing, pulling trees, grapple and box blade work. I have had (2) issues with it:(1) stuck in 2nd gear due to a loose gear shift cable and (2) a loose electrical connection to the ECU. Overall I am pleased with the performance and would probably buy it again. At the time I purchased, Kubota was not yet making the M5 series but it appears to be an improvement over the 9960. If $ had not been an issue, I would probably have bought either a JD 5100M, Massey 5612 or a NH T6 series. If you go the NH / Case route, I strongly suggest you get a unit that has a pull up lever parking brake and not the range selector parking lock. My unit has the brake and and for me that was a must have and an invaluable feature. Good luck and enjoy the search, it is fun!

/ Looking to purchase new or used/demo utility tractor 100HP range #13  
I would shy away from the E model from Deere. They seem to be where most of the complaints come from. I call it their Economy model. The New Holland and Case are the same thing, just different paint color. I love the look of the Case, but would be very cautious about buying one. They just don't support their equipment very well. Kubota is over priced, but probably the best support of all the brands out there. I'd look at the Deere M models to compare to the Kubota M models and decide which dealer you prefer.

When you get into the 5085/5100e the E isn’t as economy as the 5045-5075. My tractor has all the bells and whistles plus more of the top tier kubota in this size class. The M Deere is hands down the best out there but that premium will be north of 10k. If a farmer that used this several hundred hrs needed a 100hp tractor I’d say the M but for someone that isn’t using it every day to its max the E is a great platform. I’ve been a big critic with all the problems I’ve had in the past with my old 5055s but love the 5100e

Brett

/ Looking to purchase new or used/demo utility tractor 100HP range #14  
When you get into the 5085/5100e the E isn’t as economy as the 5045-5075. My tractor has all the bells and whistles plus more of the top tier kubota in this size class. The M Deere is hands down the best out there but that premium will be north of 10k. If a farmer that used this several hundred hrs needed a 100hp tractor I’d say the M but for someone that isn’t using it every day to its max the E is a great platform. I’ve been a big critic with all the problems I’ve had in the past with my old 5055s but love the 5100e

Brett

I think you are pretty spot on. The bigger E tractors are pretty darn nice and don't compare to the small E models.

Thanks both of you - all the info so far has been helpful in one way or another.

Well - after talking to several folks and visiting 5 more dealers. I keep coming back to the Demo T4.120 tractor. Taking delivery today!!! Hope it lasts for many many years... Now moving onto to locating attachments etc. for it.

/ Looking to purchase new or used/demo utility tractor 100HP range #17  
Congrats. One of the guys that I buy hay from has one about that size and he loves it. He also has a Kubota 126 that I think says GSX , but I'm not positive. Anyway, he is trying to sell the Kubota for what he owes on it without any luck and he is keeping the NH

/ Looking to purchase new or used/demo utility tractor 100HP range #18  
Congrats, can't wait to see the pics!

Delivery! T4.120

IMG_6919.jpgIMG_6918.jpgIMG_6917.jpgIMG_6916.jpgIMG_6915.jpgIMG_6914.jpgIMG_6913.jpgIMG_6912.jpgIMG_6920.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_6912.jpg
    IMG_6912.jpg
    339.7 KB · Views: 94
  • IMG_6913.jpg
    IMG_6913.jpg
    384 KB · Views: 88
  • IMG_6914.jpg
    IMG_6914.jpg
    390.4 KB · Views: 88
  • IMG_6915.jpg
    IMG_6915.jpg
    397.7 KB · Views: 91
  • IMG_6916.jpg
    IMG_6916.jpg
    372.3 KB · Views: 99
  • IMG_6917.jpg
    IMG_6917.jpg
    278.7 KB · Views: 99
  • IMG_6918.jpg
    IMG_6918.jpg
    291.6 KB · Views: 105
  • IMG_6919.jpg
    IMG_6919.jpg
    346.4 KB · Views: 92
  • IMG_6920.jpg
    IMG_6920.jpg
    346.2 KB · Views: 109
   / Looking to purchase new or used/demo utility tractor 100HP range #20  
Congrats! I see you have the 665TL loader w/ 3rd function, electronic 3 PT hitch, 24 speed tranny and fender switches for the 3 PT and PTO. Enjoy!:drink: