Loose joystick

/ Loose joystick #1  

tony83

Tractor
Mahindra 4010
Hey guys - I have a Mahindra 4010 and the loader joystick developed slack after about 120 hours, and I'm not sure if it is a valve issue or if there is adjustment possible - someone else understands it better than I do. I have to use a bungee cord or it will very slowly lift the loader. See pic. What can I do?

IMG_3209.jpg

/ Loose joystick #2  
I don’t know that valve but if it was mine I’d pull those 4 Allen heads- from there the rubber boot should come off too. I’m sure it’s a simple adjustment below that.

/ Loose joystick #3  
Actually this sounds like the nut/bolt that holds the spring at the bottom of the spool may have worked loose...it happens...

If the nut/bolt has worked loose just the weight of the joystick is enough to move the spool and raise the bucket if the spring that holds the spool to center is not doing so...

I would pull the cap off the bottom of the spool and check the nut...

/ Loose joystick #4  
I’ve got an LS XR 40 hp with and FEL. Mine loosened within the first few months. One tighten and fours years later, no further issues.

I’m not saying that it’s a factory loosening. As I had a third function installed at the factory, or just down the street, anyway.

/ Loose joystick #5  
Was a thread about loose JS linkage on a MF unit a while back, owner found loose bolt on linkage, snugged it up, problem went away... Suggest investigate.... Also consider thread locking compound/fluids when in there if things are just loose...

Dale

/ Loose joystick #6  
FWIW...If the spool is moving (the OP said the bucket was rising on it's own) then it is not staying at center...just loose linkage would not cause the spool to move...

/ Loose joystick
It's loose enough that the lever slightly hangs down, and the weight is enough to cause the loader to rise very slowly. With the bungee cord, I can keep it centered and the loader won't move. I'll check for a loose nut and post what I find.

/ Loose joystick #8  
FWIW...If the spool is moving (the OP said the bucket was rising on it's own) then it is not staying at center...just loose linkage would not cause the spool to move...

True.... Guess it could be a broken return (centering) spring in valve assembly also...

Dale

/ Loose joystick
Pulled the cover off the spool - did not see any nut.

Pulled the cover plate and boot off - tightened all the linkages.

Seemed to make the handle slightly less "heavy". Still requires the bungee to keep it held fully upward. Can't figure it out otherwise. Tightened all hydraulic conections and even opened the fill cap to bleed out any air.

Other thoughts?

/ Loose joystick #10  
What is holding the return to center spring?...it's usually on the bottom of the spool...?