loose wheel bolts on NH boomer

/ loose wheel bolts on NH boomer #11  
buy some low strength or medium strength locktite. won't hurt anything and still able to remove like normal will just keep from vibarating loose.

/ loose wheel bolts on NH boomer
So you think the cause is vibration? Seems the designers would have thought about this and made allowance. BTW thats what Im planning to do...locktite all of the bolts. jimg

/ loose wheel bolts on NH boomer #13  
To follow up on my own post, my JD manual specifically says to check the wheel bolt torque at one hour, then every four hours until the torque is maintained, then at every service. Repeat the torque sequence whenever a wheel is taken off for any reason.

OK, got a reply from my dealer and he said that they shouldnt loosen if they were torqued properly to begin w/. I know Im not alone in having this problem as others have reported it. It seems there must be more going on here apart from widespread sloppy assembly. Im jsut not sure how to figure it. jimg

OK, heres another follow up. I looked thru the manual again this morning (5th time) and it does talk about checking bolt tightness....but its NOT in the maintenance section. The manaul indicates that wheel bolt torque should be checked DAILY until the torque setting stabilizes. So for Boomer owners/potential owners there you have it...it must be checked and if need be reset daily. jimg

OK...last entry. I stopped by the dealer this noon to pick the new wheel/old tire up. The parts guy said the wheel was backordered and didnt know when it might be in. Im bummed!!! As Im inquiring about other places where one might be had the salesman called out to me and said that it was all set to go!! YES! He pulled a wheel off an unassembled tractor and mounted my tire on it. Great service! After all he didnt have to. So, knowing this is my fault I asked who I should pay. It was MY fault b/c the info was right there in the manual. He said he'd absorb the cost and not to worry about. I argue (no nasty comments pls). He refuses to take money and said he was glad he could help out. WOW!

The new wheel/tire are on the tractor and I just got done moving a BIG manure pile.

BTW my dealer is Chappell Tractor (Milford and Brentwood NH).
jimg

/ loose wheel bolts on NH boomer #17  
jimg,
Thats great /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif
I've been keeping a close eye on mine since this has been happening to a lot of people. I guess the Locktite I used is doing its job, haven't had a problem since I put it on.

Jerry

/ loose wheel bolts on NH boomer #19  
Just a note about wheel torque, never tighten the nuts up just going around the wheel. You should always use a pattern going back and forth around the wheel. 12 o’clock than 6 o’clock than 3 o’clock and 9 o’clock alternating until all bolts are tight and never take them to full toque the first time around do this in stages until the proper torque value is reached. MY 2 Cents worth

Agreed...hes a good guy and I really appreciate his generosity/help.