Loss of power on incline.

/ Loss of power on incline. #1  

Bucky2582

Tractor
New Holland 1620
My New Holland 1620 has been working great, That is until I took it up a fairly steep hill and it lost all power. Still running great otherwise. It has plenty of fuel, air filter and fuel filter are fairly new. Any ideas? Thanks in advance.

/ Loss of power on incline. #2  
Do You have Hydro-static transmission or geared driven transmission? if geared , it might be clutch friction disk or release fork is riding on pressure plate fingers causing clutch disk slippage.

/ Loss of power on incline. #3  
What transmission does your NH 1620 have?

If HST, what transmission range were you in, High, Medium or Low?

Did the tractor's engine actually stop running, so you had to start it again?

/ Loss of power on incline.
What transmission does your NH 1620 have?

If HST, what transmission range were you in, High, Medium or Low?

Did the tractor's engine actually stop running, so you had to start it again?
I have the HST transmission, I was in high gear and I did not stall out but was very close. I had to drop it down to low to finish the climb, is this normal?

/ Loss of power on incline. #5  
In most cases yes

/ Loss of power on incline. #6  
   / Loss of power on incline.
Do You have Hydro-static transmission or geared driven transmission? if geared , it might be clutch friction disk or release fork is riding on pressure plate fingers causing clutch disk slippage.
It has HST transmission.

/ Loss of power on incline. #8  
The slower it goes the more you need to let the HST pedal up. It is not an accelerator pedal.

/ Loss of power on incline. #9  
It has HST transmission.
I guess your question is answered by other gentlemen. You need to have your transmission in low range and not floor the HST pedal. With gear transmission you would select a lower gear and range and push the accelerator to maintain speed selected without stalling out. Even with gear transmission going up steep incline inn high gear and that can also cause the engine to stall out. Slow and steady is best going up the slope Hydro or Gear tranny.