Lost Power steering on 2016 SZ60 KW

/ Lost Power steering on 2016 SZ60 KW #1  

OhioGuy

Platinum Member
Tractor
Ford 1220, Case 245, Cub SZ60, Cub 2284
I was doing my first spring mowing a week ago and the first issue was a dead battery. It had been on a tender all winter and showed green, but didn't even turn over. I replaced the battery and off I went mowing. I realized the power steering wasn't working, still usable but tight turns will wear you down.

I asked the local dealer for any advice, he said number one is insufficient current, the power steering pump had a 30 amp fuse. The tractor was reading 14.4 volts running so I'm moving on to other causes. This Tank uses an electric power steering pump that I can't find much info on. The fuse is good.

I called the Manufacturer but have not heard back. I was hoping for a test procedure or schematic. I'll try them again on Monday.

I've been searching for a service manual for this tractor, it doesn't seem to be available.
It looks like the pump and module is around $1500.

Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks,
Curt

Screenshot (33).png

/ Lost Power steering on 2016 SZ60 KW #2  
There are some power steering units that are being used for small formula cars. You might want to check the internet for that. I don't have time right now to do it.

Richard

/ Lost Power steering on 2016 SZ60 KW
Thanks Richard, I saw similar pumps on the website of the company that made the pumps for Cub.
Curt

Thanks Richard, I noticed this company sells the control module separately and have also discovered my module has an LED that can be used for diagnostics. I'm still trying to get inf from the MFG. My module has power in, no power out and when you power the pump directly, it works...

So I found the Manufacturer on the pump/module and I was pretty sure the module was bad. I was happy to hear I could buy the module for $250 with a 30 day return window. Picked it up yesterday, 15 minutes to reinstall and I was mowing with restored power steering. $250 is pricey but I was just so glad to have the PS back. I had been mowing without it and near the end of a 2 hour mow, my arms and shoulders were not happy.

/ Lost Power steering on 2016 SZ60 KW #7  
Glad to hear that you got the fix and it works. Thanks for letting the rest of us know the outcome.

Richard