LOUD in the cab. Can you hear the radio??

/ LOUD in the cab. Can you hear the radio?? #12  
Mine is new and as quiet as any I've ever been in.

/ LOUD in the cab. Can you hear the radio?? #13  
Huh? Couldn't hear the question.
My hearing is so shot that cab or not I can't use a radio. Have Bluetooth ear buds for my music and cuts out the tractor noise.

/ LOUD in the cab. Can you hear the radio?? #14  
I have a Kubota Grand6060 and forget the radio. For me no issue, not like the radio on when running a piece of equipment. As was pointed out letting the machine talk to me. You may want to see about installing a good rubber mat over the one in the cab to help block sound from the transmission.

/ LOUD in the cab. Can you hear the radio?? #15  
Should probably keep radio turned down anyway to listen for issues.
I remember the first time I operated a cab tractor making hay. No radio (I don't think) and a nice JD cab. After a couple of rounds I couldn't stand not hearing all the "intricacies" of all that rotating chit and had to tilt out the back window just to get in touch. 😆

/ LOUD in the cab. Can you hear the radio?? #16  
I have 2 Kubota Grand L6060's. Since I got my Apple Airbuds, I wear them almost all the time when I'm in the tractor. I always set them on noise cancelling.

Sometimes I will listen to something from my Iphone, and sometimes I will listen to the radio in the tractor. For some reason, I can still hear the radio without hearing so much tractor noise. I like the way it works for me.

/ LOUD in the cab. Can you hear the radio??
Our old JD 4440 had a fairly quiet cab and had a good radio with cassette deck and CD player that you could hear easily. Plus we had a business band radio that we could hear well and it talked out good too. Where I worked, my last job, we had a Case IH and a Kubota, both about 100hp, that were both fairly quiet. But I agree about wanting to be able to hear what was going on with whatever implement I was running. But on those long nights plowing snow, where I knew the roads and parking lots well, I cranked up the radio.

But this RK37SC is SO loud in the cab that if I had good enough speakers and amp to be able to hear anything above the engine and transmission noise, it would severely damage my hearing in fairly short order. I am going to try to put down some more rubber matting on the floor and look for holes and cracks to plug to see if I can quieten this thing down to a tolerable level.

/ LOUD in the cab. Can you hear the radio?? #18  
Timebak, my RK37HC is very noisy too. I gave up on using the radio and bought a pair of noise cancelling bluetooth head phones. Using them and my phone I listen to SirusXM most times. I think they were right at $39 on Amazon. They work great but I wish I would have spent a few dollars more and got the ones with a mic so I could talk on my phone without having to hold it.

/ LOUD in the cab. Can you hear the radio?? #19  
One tractor with a cab, two that are open (three if you count the old garden tractor), zero radios. Don't want one, either. I prefer to keep my attention on the task at hand.
As far as I'm concerned, distracted driving is as dangerous in a tractor as it is in a road vehicle - under some conditions more so.

/ LOUD in the cab. Can you hear the radio?? #20  
Something that has worked well for me:

I have one of the headsets where it sits on my one ear, leaving the other open for noises. It doesn’t cover my ear, just sits on it. I will occasionally listen to talk radio or a Phillies/Eagles/whatever game while operating.
I can also make phone calls if necessary. It bluetooths to my I-phone. I can leave the cab of the tractor up to about 100’ and still hold a conversation.

I have found this an excellent solution to being able to listen to something, but still be able to hear my machine easily and make a phone call. It’s excellent for safety.