Love it but regret it

/ Love it but regret it #31  
Yes Sir,
Great little tractor, terrible service with undertrained, unconcerned individuals.
They probably hire the people that no other tractor service company will hire, I'm sure that they pay is commensurate with skill/ability.
Every time I have needed something (which is seldom) they do not have it, have no clue what it is or say that they will order it and call me when it comes in. Hell I am still waiting on a call from over a year ago, but I am certain they call soon.
I have thus far been able to find alternative items from other reliable sources, but I sure do hope that I never have need of a RK only item.
My RK does not even have a real tractor shop, they just carved out a very poorly lit section of their small engine repair shop and call it good.
If I were a person that put a lot of hours on my tractor I would never buy RK, even if it meant buying second hand name brand, I would find the closest dealer service shop to me and look for that brand of tractor.
Exactly what I have thought all along about this RK tractor. I believe the tractor to be a good quality unit that is no more prone to breakage than any of the major brand names. I also think their weak link is their service and parts network. Under normal circumstances, few of either are necessary. However, with all things mechanical, things will break. Usually at the most inconvenient place and time but that is a just a corollary to the original law. When that does happen, RK is not positioned to be much help to the average homeowner. I really like the RK24 but am hesitant to buy from them. My next new tractor will be my retirement gift to me from me. It probably won't be used in a high hour application. More like something to get out of the house and push some dirt or mow something around the farm. I think RK has the ability to fix some of the shortfalls in their network but it would take a serious rethink to make it happen correctly. I'll keep watching to see if there are any new developments with this.

/ Love it but regret it #32  
RK charges less for their tractors because they don't have all the legacy costs associated with a full-service brand, nor the middleman markups.

Anyone buying these tractors should know this.

The only issue I see is that RK made a mistake in selling themselves as a full-line supporting dealer - just sell the machine, provide basic maintenance parts, have a catalog for advanced parts, and do not set the expectation that customers will have hand-holding which they didn't pay for.