Love Letters. Real Estate

/ Love Letters. Real Estate
Everyone has a price. So what do you do when they show up and are serious?
sell, cash gold or bitcoins!

the realtor came yesterday and like most folks in the area, he knows or is related to everyone.

His sister and the previous property owner were close friends.

Problem is, if i sold i wouldn't know where to go. I've lived all over and in the end, i'm a malcontent, grass is always greener.

Our culture has changed so much i'm not comfortable in it any more. I can't relate to the general public and i'm afraid to leave my house. Not deathly afraid but, every time i leave i think, is this the day i meet some wacky postal worker? I see tweakers with pistols hanging out of their pockets.

One of those frigging automated LOUD marketing end caps at walmart started screaming at me the other day and i almost chit! If i had a gun i might have shot it in self defense!

/ Love Letters. Real Estate #153  
No, YOU were supposed to say that when they met your 20% :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

/ Love Letters. Real Estate #154  
We moved down from Alaska in 1982. The 80 acres was just raw land. For that matter - being land locked we had to have a driveway constructed - one mile long. One advantage - all the land in this area is open range land. No fences - just stands of Ponderosa pine and fields of meadow grass.

Where we built is a knoll overlooking our ten acre lake. No clearing required - just digging for the foundation.

/ Love Letters. Real Estate #155  
Ironically enough, the offers keep coming in!

View attachment 712119

This company however is Veteran owned and operated, makes me feel so much more patriotic by taking them up on their gracious offer of 22k for 18 acres.

The irony is I never got these letters until this subject started on the forum.

I called an left a message. I want to thank the owner for such a gracious offer.

We've gotten these ridiculous offers from this company too.

/ Love Letters. Real Estate #156  
I keep getting those also. All for about 10-20% of what i can sell it for. Not sure why they bother.

/ Love Letters. Real Estate #157  
I keep getting those also. All for about 10-20% of what i can sell it for. Not sure why they bother.
Because there are seniors who stopped looking at real estate prices a long time ago and don't realize how low ball these offers really are.

/ Love Letters. Real Estate #158  
Because there are seniors who stopped looking at real estate prices a long time ago and don't realize how low ball these offers really are.

Stopped looking at prices in general. Still living in the economic mind of their past. No offence intended or implied.

/ Love Letters. Real Estate #159  
All for about 10-20% of what i can sell it for. Not sure why they bother.
I think their reasoning is the same as the Nigerian Prince, they expect to find the one in a thousand sucker.

They hope to find a seller so out of touch, maybe senile, or maybe an out of state inheritor, who really will sell at the offered price. So they blanket an entire region with those simple letters. There's probably a bulk-rate stamp on the envelope.

I encountered an example of this when settling Mom's estate, selling the house I grew up in. Zillow showed a comparable just around the corner, a house I had delivered the newspaper to when I was a kid. i knew it was similar. That house had recently sold for half of other comparables. As I started to prep our house for sale, a neighbor stopped by and discussed being our sales agent. He said it would sell easily at a bogus low price he made up. A little more discussion and I learned this new neighbor was an attorney who had bought that half-price house, he must have conned the estate executor there and intended to repeat that for me. No thanks. I engaged someone else and got market price.

As I noted earlier in this thread, bulk letters I get here are offers to lease an acre not visible from the road, to grow dope. I think those are sincere. No thanks! Can you imagine the risk of a home invasion or gang battle - like we see in the local paper occasionally - on that acre. I don't want that here!

/ Love Letters. Real Estate #160  
Property seizure + attorneys fees to get your property back is what I imagine.