Lovin' Where Ur Livin' ...!

/ Lovin' Where Ur Livin' ...! #11  
Pittsburgh eh? Well, lets all watch the game Wednesday evening and have a few beers. Cards get home field advantage against the Dodgers.

MoKelly

/ Lovin' Where Ur Livin' ...! #12  
We are really lucky to live where we do. We live in suburbia, but you would never know it at our house. Our property is bordered on one side by conservation land, by a state owned pond on the other and we have around 1,000 acres of wooded conservation land surrounding us. We don't have a lot of land, but have 5 acres, which provides us with privacy and we're the last house on a dead-end private road about 1/2 a mile from the main road.

1.JPG
View from the pool

2.JPG
View from a wrap around deck above the pool in the winter (we're facing WSW, so the sun moves back and forth across our view based on the season)

3.JPG
Down by the water

4.JPG
The front yard, which is where the majority of our land is

/ Lovin' Where Ur Livin' ...! #13  
We are really lucky to live where we do. We live in suburbia, but you would never know it at our house. Our property is bordered on one side by conservation land, by a state owned pond on the other and we have around 1,000 acres of wooded conservation land surrounding us. We don't have a lot of land, but have 5 acres, which provides us with privacy and we're the last house on a dead-end private road about 1/2 a mile from the main road.

You have some great views. The pond looks like it would have some fish in it. Are you allowed to fish or boat in it?

Larro

/ Lovin' Where Ur Livin' ...! #14  
Great stuff guys. :thumbsup: Part of me hates all of you though. :laughing: We've been "thinking" about moving for 6-7 years from our tiny little home on 3/4 acre and the financial end just hasn't worked out yet, but we do appreciate seeing the the "ahhh" pics of others' homes.

We've always enjoyed doing landscaping stuff as time and moola allows, and get a kick out of stuff that ends up "not dying". ;)

Keep the pics coming.

/ Lovin' Where Ur Livin' ...! #15  
You have some great views. The pond looks like it would have some fish in it. Are you allowed to fish or boat in it?

Larro
Thanks! we love the view. When we first moved in it seemed like I couldn't get anything done, I'd just be staring out the window!
There's a huge number of fish. I love fishing, but usually am in the ocean in the summer. I ice fish as much as I can on the pond in the winter and have a smalll boat / motor and kayak I use mostly in spring and fall. There isn't any public access to the pond, so it has no fishing pressure at all and you can catch a bass on every cast some nights. There are some monster fish in there, though 99% of what I catch are 15" bass. There's no boat ramp, though I have been thinking of launching a small pontoon boat with my tractor from our shore. I'm installing a dock in the spring if time, money and conservation allow

/ Lovin' Where Ur Livin' ...! #16  
This was an oak I cut down maybe 6-7 years ago...the pic is from 3-4 years ago with my shop in the background...it didn't look that purty this year.

:laughing:

/ Lovin' Where Ur Livin' ...! #18  
Back when our five acre pond had five acres of water instead of about a quarter acre, we had it stocked with largemouth bass. The big ones were fun to catch, but for eating, the 15-20 inch ones were the best. If we keep getting rain through the winter, I will be fishing in the river to restock the pond. We have a few dug fish ponds, but it is not the same as sitting in a boat.

Larro

/ Lovin' Where Ur Livin' ...! #19  
Jay, I like your fence with the flower boxes on it. Also the flowerbed around the stump.

11 years ago when we started to build, there were two oaks close to where the front porch was going to be. I cut the one that was leaning toward the house site, and we put in a flowerbed around the stump and the remaining tree. The stump rotted and we pulled it out. Then a couple of years ago the drought got the other oak. {along with two more in the backyard} The flowerbed had got bigger year by year, so when the tree came down, it did kill a few flowers. But it fell away from the house. Now I have brought in a hollow log and stump for planters. Here is an old shot of LBJ checking out my work.

Larro

032.jpg

/ Lovin' Where Ur Livin' ...! #20  
Thanks Larro, great pics...LBJ. :laughing: (Little Bitty Jumpin'? Long Brown John? gotta be a little orginal :D)