Low Sulfur Diesel, lubrication issues

/ Low Sulfur Diesel, lubrication issues #41  
Butters, insulting people on this board does not add any value to this thread and does not prove that you have any scientific clout either.

The test was meant for those who are interested, to question the lubricity of the current fuel and common additives. It does not definitively prove anything else since there are too many assumptions involved. But it certainly proves there could be a problem. And that the current selection of common additives may not be as competent as the user may believe.

Crashz, I couldn't agree with you more. If you search, I have never intended to insult anyone. I stated a fact, and yes I do have scientific clout, whether or not that matters on this site. I simply voiced my concerns about the flaws of a test and the first response I got was from John Bud making an incorrect statement with a capital "DUH" regarding my critique of the test. I have always found this site an 99.99% of the folks on it very nice. There is no need to sling mud just because you don't agree with something. I apologize if I offended anyone by offering my opinion of this test. For the record, I did not start the mudslinging, and I will defend myself. If the moderators feel I should not be part of, or contribute to this forum anymore, then so be it.

Last edited:
   / Low Sulfur Diesel, lubrication issues #42  
Thanks Butters.

I think its easy for readers of the threads in any forum to percieve different meanings behind each post. My interpretation of your opinion, was that you found no value to the tests conducted by that particular diesel truck forum. Whereas many others, inlcuding myself do find value in the testing as it makes us question the lubricity of the fuel and additives that we put into our equipment. This may have been John Buds thoughts too, although I can't speak for him.