Low temperature hydraulic fluid?

/ Low temperature hydraulic fluid? #21  
Funny. I wonder what’s so special about a Branson transmission? Or who even makes it…?

/ Low temperature hydraulic fluid? #22  
Most likely nothing and UDT has been superseded by SUDT. I don't use it. Never have. Only use Chevron All Weather THF.

/ Low temperature hydraulic fluid? #23  
Deere makes low viscosity hy-gard intended for cold weather use. I believe Kubota super UDT is a synthetic fluid also intended for cold weather use.

What tractor and what fluid do you have in it now?

Those are the fluids I am using right now. Ive tried several others.

/ Low temperature hydraulic fluid? #24  
I changed my JD4720 over from the factory installed Hy-Guard this year. I've used Amsoil in all my vehicles for the past 40 years and changed my hydraulics over to the synthetic Amsoil ATH. I have more concern over low temperature performance and operation than summer temperatures, but this will work in all temperatures. It gets cold here and I need my tractor to perform.

Amsoil Synthetic Tractor Hydraulic/Transmission Oil SAE 5W-30

/ Low temperature hydraulic fluid?
Just a quick update. I put almost 10gal of the full synthetic Lucas fluid in a couple weeks ago and got to test out its low(ish) temperature capability the other morning as it was slightly below freezing overnight. The difference between this fluid and the previous (Shell Rotella HD) is night and day! All functions worked immediately with almost no noticeable lag. Previously, any temperature below about 40F would require the fluid to warm up before I could drive and use implements normally. Definitely impressed so far! I'll update as it gets colder.

/ Low temperature hydraulic fluid? #26  
for you guys in lower temps they do make a magnetic attaching oil pan warmer that works like a block heater but for the oil pans, we had to install a few on our units that went up north.

/ Low temperature hydraulic fluid? #27  
That’s an option, but only if electricity is readily available. However, does nothing when the cord isn’t long enough. ie when blowing a long laneway or getting firewood from the back forty…and the wind is blowing -30C.

/ Low temperature hydraulic fluid? #28  
Just a quick update. I put almost 10gal of the full synthetic Lucas fluid in a couple weeks ago and got to test out its low(ish) temperature capability the other morning as it was slightly below freezing overnight. The difference between this fluid and the previous (Shell Rotella HD) is night and day! All functions worked immediately with almost no noticeable lag. Previously, any temperature below about 40F would require the fluid to warm up before I could drive and use implements normally. Definitely impressed so far! I'll update as it gets colder.
I'm glad it is working for you. One thing to be aware of on cold oil is the potential for cavitation in the oil on the suction side.

That’s an option, but only if electricity is readily available. However, does nothing when the cord isn’t long enough. ie when blowing a long laneway or getting firewood from the back forty…and the wind is blowing -30C.

Wolverine makes a variety of heaters (oil, battery, diesel), some of which are 12V powered to help the tractor out on those cold days. (Now called Phillips and Temro, Reliable & Efficient Adhesive Silicone Heating Pads | PTI, and Product Sizing Chart - Phillips & Temro Industries)

All the best, Peter

/ Low temperature hydraulic fluid?

I recently got to test out the new fluid in some real winter temperatures. It's been below 0F (-20C) intermittently and the tractor has been sitting for probably a few weeks. It fired right up and I warmed it up for probably 5min and it moved and operated a little sluggishly at first but warmed up quickly. Same observation as before, the full synthetic Lucas fluid made a night and day difference from the problems I had last year! I'm definitely sold. The cold weather performance of the Lucas fluid is outstanding.