Lowe Manufacturing Skid Steer auger any good?

/ Lowe Manufacturing Skid Steer auger any good? #1  

MNBobcat

Platinum Member
Considering purchasing the Lowe brand model A-220 skid steer auger. Anyone know if they are decent?

/ Lowe Manufacturing Skid Steer auger any good? #2  
I'm not familiar with Lowe but we sell alot of auger drives by McMillen and Danuser auger drives and ship them free to a business or freight terminal within the continental US(except for the EP6 and EP10 danuser which ship free within 1,000 miles). I can offer you a TBN discount on the Danuser units if you purchase an auger along with the drive unit. Give me a call or PM with any questions.
Travis

/ Lowe Manufacturing Skid Steer auger any good? #3  
Considering purchasing the Lowe brand model A-220 skid steer auger. Anyone know if they are decent?

Lowe makes pretty good augers. I've got one of their hex shaft skid loader augers and have never had a problem with it.

/ Lowe Manufacturing Skid Steer auger any good? #4  
I was a welder at Lowe for 13 years. I've been gone for about four years now. They make quality equipment. While I was there about 7 or 8 years ago we got back the 5th drive unit that was made when the company was started. The output shaft had been bent. Probably from the operator rocking back and forth with the auger in the ground. We cleaned it up put new bearings and a new shaft in, and back it went. That unit was about 30 years old and had seen a ton of use. Very well made, simple to repair, and built by good people.

/ Lowe Manufacturing Skid Steer auger any good?
Thanks Dirt2. I ended up buying a McMillen. The dealership where I was going to purchase the Lowe kept dropping the ball.

/ Lowe Manufacturing Skid Steer auger any good? #6  
I've used a Lowe 1200 on my skid steer and it worked great. Just don't go down too deep in clay and get it stuck. I learned to keep going up and down a little when drilling deeper(8') holes in clay. Sometimes you have to pull it right out and clean the clay off with a shovel before you can continue. Leaving the auger full of clay almost acts like glue when you try to pull it out.

/ Lowe Manufacturing Skid Steer auger any good?
Hi Baumalight,

I professionally reviewed products and accessories from all different manufacturers, and both wrote product reviews and produced videos over the course of about 11 years.

Send me a PM if you would like to talk.

Last edited: