Lower Radiator Hose Heater XG3037

/ Lower Radiator Hose Heater XG3037 #1  

alexsbuddy

Gold Member
Tractor
LS XG3037 w/ LS LL3109 FEL Kodiak SD5 Mower, Speeco Model 65 PHD, Bush Hog BX-600 Box Blade, Titan 42" Skid Steer Pallet Fork/Hay Spear Combo
Has anyone installed a Kats Lower Radiator Hose Heater on a XG3037? I think the one I need is the 16600 1.5" model, but am not 100% sure. It appears that there is limited space to install this, bases on it's dimensions, so was hoping someone has already done this and had some advice. Thanks.

/ Lower Radiator Hose Heater XG3037 #2  
I've installed many lower radiator hose heaters - never on your tractor type. Installation is pretty straight forward. Drain the anti-freeze. Undo the lower hose from the engine block and let any added antifreeze drain out. Put hose back on engine block and tighten clamp. Read the installation instructions that come with the heater. Follow any specific instructions on the installation rather than my general instructions.

Generally it goes this way -

Hold the heater up against the hose and determine the best location - avoid all obstructions, clearances for the heater, clearances for the heater cord, be certain you have the heater pointed in the correct direction.

Now make a clean cut completely thru the heater hose. The instructions may say to remove a certain amount of the hose. I always try to instal the heater with out removing any hose at first. If it simply will not fit without chopping some hose out - remove as very little as possible. NEVER more than the length of the heater, itself, that will be put back in line.

Instal the heater - make CERTAIN its pointing in the correct direction - install and tighten hose clamps - add back the antifreeze - plug in heater - let it run for half an hour - check for leaks - start tractor and run for ten minutes - check for leaks.

Check for leaks the next couple times you run the tractor. As things heat up the hose and heater will seat in and the clamps may need to be tightened slightly.

/ Lower Radiator Hose Heater XG3037
Thanks, oosik. I appreciate it very much.

/ Lower Radiator Hose Heater XG3037 #4  
I've always liked using a lower radiator hose heater - if I'm going to use anything. They don't and won't get so beastly hot. No need for a timer - plug them in the evening before you go to bed - the engine and tranny are nice and warm in the morning.

And if you need to see if they are working - either feel the hose or just listen - it will sound like a percolator coffee pot.

/ Lower Radiator Hose Heater XG3037 #5  
You might have figured it out by now but in case anybody else is looking the 16600 fits on the XR3037. It is a little snug but will install correctly. Don't use the 14600, its junk(in my opinion).