LS and others service??

/ LS and others service?? #1  

Professor Marvel

Platinum Member
Tractor
Ford 5000, Kubota 2150 HST, NH TC45 D, JD 375 Baby Skid Steer --- STUFF THAT GOES ON EM, Schwinn Stingray
I see LS and many other tractors for sale these days at powers sports places that sell boats and four wheelers etc. Often these places don't look to have space to work on equipment and probably can't have mechanics trained in all these brands and types of equipment. How does service work in situations like this? Warranty work especially. Are parts and knowledge available?
I have been afraid to buy at a place like this but they are all over the place. Often the place are only a few years old.
Does anybody have any experience in this?

/ LS and others service?? #2  
That is indeed a concern. The TYM and Mahindra dealers I went to for quotes were both yard machine sellers and didn't inspire me at all. The MF dealer also handled very, very large construction equipment, so I'm not sure how much of a priority a SCUT would have had. The two Oranges and Green may have had the best setups, but their pricing and other policies didn't work out. The red/blue shop (Case/New Holland) almost seemed too big, geared for large AG operations, so again, how would I have been prioritized?

My LS dealer is a farm store in a rural area with quite a few machines and implements on their yard. Their small one bay shop seemed capable and busy. The larger farmers that buy the larger machines from them depend on them.

/ LS and others service?? #3  
When I purchased my LS, it was from a small family run 'mom and pop' outlet. A small old gas station with 2 service bays. The tractors were just lined up across the front. That was 2 years ago. They have now built a state of the art service center, showroom, parts inventory, and increased the number of tractors to display. They now sell 3 brands of tractors (LS, TYM, and Kioti). They are now bigger than the local "K" or "J" dealers. Far more pleasurable to visit also.

/ LS and others service??
my LS dealer has been my stihl/husqvarna/gravely dealer for a while and has recently added LS tractors and what looks like a line of chinese 4 wheelers. service with chain saws has been ok but don't see that they can be equipped for tractor repair since they do not have the space and who can get decent employees these days. maybe they plan on expanding. I hope so. I try to use them for all my stihl purchases.
How is LS set up for parts distribution? Availability?

/ LS and others service?? #5  
My dealer stocks all of the maintenance items, plus major 'replacement' parts such as injectors, pumps, hoses, etc.. I'm over 500 miles away from the dealer (goes to show my 'trust' in LS) so they ussually ship what I need. There was only one "update" that my tractor needed and they didn't have it. They made sure it was shipped from the plant in N. Carolina direct to my door. I haven't needed any service work done aside from the maintenance. I have 172 hours on mine now.

/ LS and others service?? #6  
I picked up the 50 hour filters when I signed the paperwork before delivery. They forgot one, so I went to get it, about 80 miles. No big issue since I can hit other stores while I'm in that area. Only have about 70 hours so far, no real service or parts needs yet.

Can't really answer your question any further. Hopefully some of the other owners with more time on their meters will chime in.

I have found a few sites that sell 'factory' parts, but haven't tried any yet.

/ LS and others service?? #7  
my LS dealer has been my stihl/husqvarna/gravely dealer for a while and has recently added LS tractors and what looks like a line of chinese 4 wheelers. service with chain saws has been ok but don't see that they can be equipped for tractor repair since they do not have the space and who can get decent employees these days. maybe they plan on expanding. I hope so. I try to use them for all my stihl purchases.
check parts prices, there is a guy complaining the starter for his LS tractor is $1500 and can't be found cheaper!. and $300 for a filter set..

/ LS and others service?? #8  
check parts prices, there is a guy complaining the starter for his LS tractor is $1500 and can't be found cheaper!. and $300 for a filter set.. 'LS' Starter for U5020 & U5020C Tractors: Genuine 'LS' Part!

/ LS and others service?? #9  
I see LS and many other tractors for sale these days at powers sports places that sell boats and four wheelers etc. Often these places don't look to have space to work on equipment and probably can't have mechanics trained in all these brands and types of equipment. How does service work in situations like this? Warranty work especially. Are parts and knowledge available?
I have been afraid to buy at a place like this but they are all over the place. Often the place are only a few years old.
Does anybody have any experience in this?

I don't know how those small dealerships get warrant/parts work done. I would find the nearest LS dealer that had a service department and deal with them.

Parts/knowledge are available. My dealer is about 1 hour away. They will ship me any parts needed right to my door at reasonable costs. Filters are on par with any other brand plus there is a wix cross over so you can pickup wix filters at your local automovite store or order online.

If that doesn't fit your needs then the other option is to look at tractor brands with bigger dealerships/service departments. And of course, generally higher tractor prices.

/ LS and others service??
Thanks for the info
I think i need to look into it further checking out the specifics you bring up