Ls backhoe on a mahindra

/ Ls backhoe on a mahindra #1  

Swiss_cheeze

Tractor
Mahindra Max26xlt
New tractor owner Max 26 xlt.

New forum member. Long time lurker.

I have a chance to get a lb1107 backhoe attachment which goes on a LS MT1 tractor at a good price and looking at everything I think it would work on my tractor maybe with some work.

Anyone have either of these models and maybe what you would think?

thanks

/ Ls backhoe on a mahindra #2  
I don't have either but I did put a different brand hoe onto my brand tractor. Basically look at the weight comparison between the stock hoe for your tractor vs what you're looking at, and compare the operating spec's. If all of the above are similar then aside from fabrication skills you should be able to make it work.
In my opinion the weight question is important because your tractor was designed to take a certain weight load and I don't think it would be wise to go much over that. Also a lighter hoe means your tractor won't be as rear heavy. (Good thing in my case as the stock hoe was very heavy to the point people have mentioned how it makes the tractor very rear heavy/awkward on slopes.)
Hydraulic spec's are also important, but if the 2 tractor's are from the same class size then hopefully they are similar.

E.

/ Ls backhoe on a mahindra #3  
The subframe that connects the BH to the tractor will be wrong. Unless you are willing to fab up a new one to mate the two it'll be better to look for a BH with subframe for your tractor.

/ Ls backhoe on a mahindra #4  
The XLT is the latest model, right? I would be more concerned about warranty issues. If you use anything other than the hoe and mount designed for your tractor, and you then have any mechanical issues with the tractor, I seriously doubt that the damages or repairs would be covered under warranty. You would be risking a much larger financial loss than the cost of the correct hoe and mount will cost you.

/ Ls backhoe on a mahindra
Thanks for the replies. Yes on newest and your right. Warranty is a big thing.

/ Ls backhoe on a mahindra #6  
I dont think Mahindra (or any other mfg) will warranty a tractor with a BH cobbled on it. 3 pt backhoes are tough on the linkage. A subframe mount that fits the tractor is best option.

BTW- I put a BH on the 3510 several years ago and the subframe was $1k plus backhoe cost. Dont regret it at all, one of my most useful attachments next to pallet forks.

Attachments

• 3510.jpg
    3510.jpg
    4.2 MB · Views: 50