LS Corporate

/ LS Corporate #1  

sodamo

Super Star Member
Tractor
LS XR4140H (Mine) BX2380 (wife’s)
Below is a copy of an email and sent to LS that I wrote over 3 weeks ago. I do believe I have allowed allowed adequate time for a response, or at least an acknowledgement. NOTHING

“I am a very new LS XR4140H owner. So new I haven’t taken delivery yet. No complaints about my small, fairly new dealer, but not off to a good start with LS Tractor USA in NC. Go to the contact page on the website and it prominently states “HOW CAN WE HELP?” I decided that I’d ask the same questions I’d asked my dealer, who had just left on family vacation. I tend to research major purchases. My primary concern was I really wanted R4 tires vs the R1 that came on it. Dealer was ready and willing to assist but no other tractor of same size in stock. We’d have to find alternative. I’ve run R4s on current tractors since 2005.

I have emailed via the corporate site three times - no response, not even acknowledgement. Last week, I telephoned, spoke to a very nice lady, Nancy, in NC who didn’t have the answers but firmly promised to email me the answers. No response to date.

My dealer called with info that LS was willing to do a R4 for R1 swap provided I’d be willing to pay the transportation cost each way. Encouraged, I asked dealer to get the details. Today I got them, $1100+ just to ship from NC to Hi one way, no price about return. Having shipped many heavy, bulky items to Hawaii, that’s about double my expectation. Additionally, dealer would have to pay cost of tires up front and be reimbursed at conclusion. I wouldn’t think to ask dealer to tie up $2500 to do me a courtesy. Additionally, his corporate contact tried to dissuade us stating the R4s would only last 4 months. Quite disingenuous at best. As stated above, I’ve been running R4s since 2005, my only replacement being a non repairable sidewall puncture.

So, results? Less than positively excited new LS owner for sure. A primary reason for buying LS over my current brand was dealer support and I conveyed same to dealer. As I said, happy with his support. Corporate? Severely disappointed. Apparently LS doesn’t care, after all I’m likely a small, one time purchaser. But really? In 2006 I needed to buy a tool online. Ace hardware had it and priced right, shipping however was horrific. The web site provided size, weight etc, easy to figure that most likely it would be shipped USPS Priority Mail, but the shipping only quote was more than 3 times that. I queried and was given the explanation that Hawaii was problematic with lots of returns. Of course the web site was clear that I would have to pay any return myself, so clearly not a truthful answer. I even told them that I knew how much the actual shipping cost would be and of course it was. Anyway, I needed the item and paid the price - Ace got to enjoy their excess profit and goodwill. I can count on one hand how many times I’ve visited the local Ace store and assure you that amounted to less than $100 over the 13 years. How many times have I repeated this story? Countless and undoubtedly will every time someone mentions Ace Hwd until I die.

So while I look forward to extolling the virtues of my XR4140H once I receive it as well as the excellent dealer service, I truly imagine that each instance will be accompanied by repeating the lack of good LS corporate customer service as stated above. One might guess that lack of service will have long term dividends just like good customer service.

I will take delivery of my new XR4140H early July, upon my return from vacation. It will come with the R1 tires. Given my soil conditions, expected use, and prior experience I don’t expect to be favorably happy with the R1s but will have to endure until I find reasonable R4 replacements.

Not wanting to be misunderstood or misquoted, I sending a copy of this email to my dealer. Also seriously considering posting under the LS Tractor Buying subtopic on TractorByNet forum, where I am an active member and frequent poster, but will wait until after LS close of business day tomorrow.

Still anticipating positive things about my new LS tractor.”

Like most here I sincerely hope for LS’s success. I did take delivery 7/3, but sadly, without the 3rd rear remote I ordered and waited for, apparently another corporate screw up. Who knows, maybe this will eventually get all resolved and I’ll trumpet the LS corporate virtues instead of sharing their neglect.

David

/ LS Corporate #2  
Hate to hear the struggles you are having when it comes to a major purchase. You like to be excited about your new purchase, not dreading it.

/ LS Corporate #3  
Best of luck Mate... mind you, wasn't it a long weekend situation for your Friday?

/ LS Corporate #5  
When I was doing some research for a friend the LS website said you could get them with the rear tires you wanted. Why would it cost extra if you ordered it with the tires you want?

/ LS Corporate #6  
Below is a copy of an email and sent to LS that I wrote over 3 weeks ago. I do believe I have allowed allowed adequate time for a response, or at least an acknowledgement. NOTHING

的 am a very new LS XR4140H owner. So new I haven稚 taken delivery yet. No complaints about my small, fairly new dealer, but not off to a good start with LS Tractor USA in NC. Go to the contact page on the website and it prominently states 滴OW CAN WE HELP? I decided that I壇 ask the same questions I壇 asked my dealer, who had just left on family vacation. I tend to research major purchases. My primary concern was I really wanted R4 tires vs the R1 that came on it. Dealer was ready and willing to assist but no other tractor of same size in stock. We壇 have to find alternative. I致e run R4s on current tractors since 2005.

I have emailed via the corporate site three times - no response, not even acknowledgement. Last week, I telephoned, spoke to a very nice lady, Nancy, in NC who didn稚 have the answers but firmly promised to email me the answers. No response to date.

My dealer called with info that LS was willing to do a R4 for R1 swap provided I壇 be willing to pay the transportation cost each way. Encouraged, I asked dealer to get the details. Today I got them, $1100+ just to ship from NC to Hi one way, no price about return. Having shipped many heavy, bulky items to Hawaii, that痴 about double my expectation. Additionally, dealer would have to pay cost of tires up front and be reimbursed at conclusion. I wouldn稚 think to ask dealer to tie up $2500 to do me a courtesy. Additionally, his corporate contact tried to dissuade us stating the R4s would only last 4 months. Quite disingenuous at best. As stated above, I致e been running R4s since 2005, my only replacement being a non repairable sidewall puncture.

So, results? Less than positively excited new LS owner for sure. A primary reason for buying LS over my current brand was dealer support and I conveyed same to dealer. As I said, happy with his support. Corporate? Severely disappointed. Apparently LS doesn稚 care, after all I知 likely a small, one time purchaser. But really? In 2006 I needed to buy a tool online. Ace hardware had it and priced right, shipping however was horrific. The web site provided size, weight etc, easy to figure that most likely it would be shipped USPS Priority Mail, but the shipping only quote was more than 3 times that. I queried and was given the explanation that Hawaii was problematic with lots of returns. Of course the web site was clear that I would have to pay any return myself, so clearly not a truthful answer. I even told them that I knew how much the actual shipping cost would be and of course it was. Anyway, I needed the item and paid the price - Ace got to enjoy their excess profit and goodwill. I can count on one hand how many times I致e visited the local Ace store and assure you that amounted to less than $100 over the 13 years. How many times have I repeated this story? Countless and undoubtedly will every time someone mentions Ace Hwd until I die.

So while I look forward to extolling the virtues of my XR4140H once I receive it as well as the excellent dealer service, I truly imagine that each instance will be accompanied by repeating the lack of good LS corporate customer service as stated above. One might guess that lack of service will have long term dividends just like good customer service.

I will take delivery of my new XR4140H early July, upon my return from vacation. It will come with the R1 tires. Given my soil conditions, expected use, and prior experience I don稚 expect to be favorably happy with the R1s but will have to endure until I find reasonable R4 replacements.

Not wanting to be misunderstood or misquoted, I sending a copy of this email to my dealer. Also seriously considering posting under the LS Tractor Buying subtopic on TractorByNet forum, where I am an active member and frequent poster, but will wait until after LS close of business day tomorrow.

Still anticipating positive things about my new LS tractor.

Like most here I sincerely hope for LS痴 success. I did take delivery 7/3, but sadly, without the 3rd rear remote I ordered and waited for, apparently another corporate screw up. Who knows, maybe this will eventually get all resolved and I値l trumpet the LS corporate virtues instead of sharing their neglect.

David

I certainly do empathize.
I experienced similar shoddy treatment from both Best Buy and Verizon.
In my remaining years on this earth, I will NEVER buy anything from either again.

/ LS Corporate #7  
When I was doing some research for a friend the LS website said you could get them with the rear tires you wanted. Why would it cost extra if you ordered it with the tires you want?

As I recall, it said/says something to the effect of 'subject to dealer availability' or similar wording.

/ LS Corporate #8  
My experience(s) with LS corporate have left a bit to be desired as well. I reached out to them twice-first regarding a service manual (which I did receive a mostly unsatisfactory response to) and a query regarding the NH oil usage Technical Bulletin discussed on TBN a month or so ago-did not receive a response to that query ( basically wanted to know if this NH issue applied to my XR since the motors are basically the same)-my selling dealer went through his service department and told me that they had nothing similar (Technical Bulletin) for the LS branded tractors.

I hope that someone at LS is following this forum-my only disappointment with my LS has been the corporate indifference.

/ LS Corporate #9  
Sodamo,
Did you order the tractor with R4's or R1's ?
That would be the quick answer... if R1's and your local Dealer wants to help you out and swap what is in stock then that is good but neither the Dealer nor the Manufacturer has the responsibility to replace the tires for free if you ordered a tractor with R1's.
The actual cost of Shipping, you might want to contact a Tire Dealer and see what it would cost for the R4's shipped in... then you can make a good determination about who is charging too much for the shipping; don't leave it to "I remember paying this amount" !

Good Luck on your QUEST !
Hope it turns out for the best.

Ltr

/ LS Corporate #10  
Welcome to paradise. Alaska suffers from the same shipping dilemma as Hawaii, just not quite as bad or expensive. It did look as though I paid around $10K for shipping on my XR3135HC. Often times, shipping costs more than the product or businesses won't ship at all. Joy! Good Luck.

Tractor & Equipment Auctions

8 Yard steel end load dumpster, used w/ normal wear & tear (A33073)
8 Yard steel end...
2012 Ford F-550 4x4 Auto Crane Service Truck (A32932)
2012 Ford F-550...
Torch Cart, Regulators, Hose & Smith Torch (A33349)
Torch Cart...
4 Yard steel end load dumpster, used w/ normal wear & tear (A33073)
4 Yard steel end...
Hesston Stakhand 30 Bale Stacker (A33041)
Hesston Stakhand...
Sany 36 inch Excavator Bucket (A33113)
Sany 36 inch...