Oil & Fuel LS J2030H Fuel Shut off - Override/Location

/ LS J2030H Fuel Shut off - Override/Location #1  

pwroblew

Tractor
LS J2030H
I have read many threads and responses on the issue with LS Tractors randomly shutting off. I have had the problem many times as well. It seems like one of the options is to hot wire the Fuel shut off solenoid. Mine will start like others but engaging PTO or attempting forward or reverse will shut it down like others have posted. My problem is I cannot find the fuel shut off solenoid on any parts list or images for the J2030H. I assumed I would find a wire attached to some portion of the fuel line/ filter/ injects /pump but don't see any. Can anyone send an image of where the fuel shut off solenoid is located? The engine is a Mitsubishi S3L2-20. Basically once it shuts down you turn the ignition off and wait some period of time from 5 minutes to an hour and everything is fine. Now sometimes after trying to start it for the first time for the day it has the same problem. Starts fine but then cannot move forward or reverse but after several attempts of shutting off the ignition and waiting it will move again. Any help on this would be much appreciated.

Phil

/ LS J2030H Fuel Shut off - Override/Location #2  
It will be on your injection pump Phil. Maybe do a search for a shut of solenoid for that engine just to see what it looks like.

/ LS J2030H Fuel Shut off - Override/Location #3  
It will be on your injection pump Phil. Maybe do a search for a shut of solenoid for that engine just to see what it looks like.
HTB1zSonD1GSBuNjSspbq6AiipXa2.jpg

/ LS J2030H Fuel Shut off - Override/Location #4  
It sounds like a seat safety switch is bad if it starts fine but dies as soon as you try to move it or engage the PTO.
Seat switches on open station tractors tend to not last very long.
Might try jumpering the seat switch and see if that solves it.

/ LS J2030H Fuel Shut off - Override/Location
Billrog, Thank you for the image. I have been looking for a small maybe spark plug size device with a single wire attached. After going to the web site your image was from I could see by the connector on it the fuel shutoff solenoid is much bigger than I thought. Thanks to you I was able to locate it on my tractor. LSJ2030H_Fuel_Shutoff.PNG

As you may be able to see in the image I have attached a wire so I can run a hot wire directly to the switch. I did so and as everyone has posted before the engine will not shut off when you turn the key off. What I found interesting is that when I hook a meter up to the original wire, not hot wire, it only has about 10.6 volts for a second or two when turning over and starting the engine. When I hook up the hot wire with the engine turned off I can hear the plunger on the solenoid kick in/out. I also hear what sounds like the starter is turning but not turning the engine. Also the wire gets hot quickly. I am assuming this is because I am sending 12V into the entire electrical system since I spliced my hot wire into the hot wire of the fuel cutoff solenoid. For those who may have done this before did you cut the original wire and send the 12V from the battery directly to the fuel cutoff solenoid only? Thanks for any advice.

/ LS J2030H Fuel Shut off - Override/Location
Thank you for your response. I did not mention that I had already put a jumper on the seat switch.

/ LS J2030H Fuel Shut off - Override/Location #7  
The solenoid has a relay I think the 12 v is only to open it then a small voltage to keep it open is what I've been told so you could check the relay out. Or just ( wire, tie , ) the solenoid open and see if the tractor still quits.

/ LS J2030H Fuel Shut off - Override/Location #8  
I have had this problem 3 separate times since owning my LS J2030H. The first the problem was a clogged fuel filter. The 2nd was a clogged fuel filter. The 3rd, which i just repaired (the fuel filter was only about 1 month old but I changed it out with a spare new one in the troubleshooting process anyway. It was not the problem.) I also rechecked the fuel lines for flow. Finally, just drained the tank of fuel and refilled the tank. There was not anything obviously wrong with the fuel, even so the new fuel has seemed to fix the problem. Been running fie for the past 3 days, including mowing a very overgrown 3/4 acre pasture.
I had been looking for a couple of filters in the injectors of which there are 3. The manufactors parts manual shows 3 fuel elements that appear to actually be in the injector pump discharge side? Which makes little sense but maybe it is that I am reading the drawing wrong. Once I put new fuel in the tractor started and ran very good. LOL, If it an'it broke dont fix it. Been doing great. If/when it happens again. I'll take a look.

/ LS J2030H Fuel Shut off - Override/Location #9  
Mine it was water in filter bowl. Going up or down slight incline or rough ground engine would start cutting out.

Also once had the shut-off solenoid go bad. This is a common Mitsubishi SL3 engine part. Tractor dealer cost was 3X vs other sources. My ignition switch also went bad internally. Controlled shut-off. Probably internal contacts burnt when solenoid shorted out. Burnt everything up before it blew a fuse.

Link to Mitsubishi SL series full manual

http://tym-mitsubishi.ru/booklets/Mitsubishi SL series ServiceManual.pdf

Last edited:
   / LS J2030H Fuel Shut off - Override/Location #10  
Thanks for posting the link... very complete manual:thumbsup:. I hope I never have to reference it!;)