LS MT 357 lost cruise control

/ LS MT 357 lost cruise control #1  

m5guy

Bronze Member
Tractor
mm m5, z, McCormick ct 41 hsv
2021 mt357 hsc. 175 hrs, driving down the road and my cruise control solenoid quit working. I hit the button again and I can "feel" it grab, but won't hold it at speed. Anybody else have this happen?

/ LS MT 357 lost cruise control #2  
I have that problem with my MT342 also. I really notice it when it's in Hi-range, it keeps getting slower. I have 70+ hrs. I will take it in the spring when the roads are free of the salt.

/ LS MT 357 lost cruise control #3  
Isn't that called the ESC engine speed control?? I think its for keeping the rpms at a specific setting until you hit the brake?? More useful for PTO than driving at a constant speed.

I use my throttle on the dash - even for PTO speed. For driving on the road I use my right foot pedal.

/ LS MT 357 lost cruise control #4  
Isn't that called the ESC engine speed control?? I think its for keeping the rpms at a specific setting until you hit the brake?? More useful for PTO than driving at a constant speed.

I use my throttle on the dash - even for PTO speed. For driving on the road I use my right foot pedal.
The Speed control is supposed to hold the foot-pedal in position. I think all it is ,is a magnet on the pedal.

/ LS MT 357 lost cruise control #5  
If you have the electro-magnetic type, there is an adjustment to make them 'clamp' tighter. It is located under the floorboard where the pedals go through the floor. Not sure if the procedure for adjustment is in the owners manual or not, being it's an option.

/ LS MT 357 lost cruise control
Yup it's under the floor board, has 2 jam bolts that you loosen and slide the solenoid closer to the forward petal. Very simple fix. Took a minute to realize how it worked. FYI, my dealer didn't know how it worked either.