LS MT240E 3rd Function Install

/ LS MT240E 3rd Function Install #1  

rider7767

Platinum Member
Tractor
TYM T264 with loader and implements
I am getting ready to install a 3rd function valve and hose kit on my LS MT240E. I am going to video the whole process, but before I do that, does anyone have any input on the process. I understand it, but advice is always welcome. Tony

/ LS MT240E 3rd Function Install #2  
Here's a vid the local dealer I've been talking to did. It's an XG3135, but should be the same tractor. If you find differences, I'd be curious. Third Function install on LS XG3135H - YouTube

My only comment when I saw it is I don't like the way it hangs out on the side, seems vulnerable. But I guess that's the way it goes. I believe this is a WR Long kit. Anyone know of a different kit that mounts in a better location?

/ LS MT240E 3rd Function Install
I believe I am going to make a safety cover for mine out of 3/8" steel. I can weld a little, so it should not be to hard. I am finally getting around to the install. It has been crazy at my house.
Here's a vid the local dealer I've been talking to did. It's an XG3135, but should be the same tractor. If you find differences, I'd be curious. Third Function install on LS XG3135H - YouTube

My only comment when I saw it is I don't like the way it hangs out on the side, seems vulnerable. But I guess that's the way it goes. I believe this is a WR Long kit. Anyone know of a different kit that mounts in a better location?

/ LS MT240E 3rd Function Install #4  
I am getting ready to install a 3rd function valve and hose kit on my LS MT240E. I am going to video the whole process, but before I do that, does anyone have any input on the process. I understand it, but advice is always welcome. Tony

Did you ever make this video? I looked on your youtube link and don't see it. Looks like maybe you traded tractors.

/ LS MT240E 3rd Function Install #5  
Yep, he did.... TYM promoter now.

/ LS MT240E 3rd Function Install #6  
yeah, I used to watch his videos...
Still do on occasion, but anymore it seems like its a TYM commercial.

/ LS MT240E 3rd Function Install #7  
No problem. I have my WR Long 3rd function kit and I'll install it once the weather gets better. I think I have it all figured out and the MT240 isn't much different than the video for the XG3135H.

/ LS MT240E 3rd Function Install #8  
Install went pretty easily, just took time, but some of that is I may be a little too meticulous.
Only a few issues.
The handle modification wasn't clear or really accurate in the procedure in the kit. The video made it easy to do though.
The bolts on the FEL weren't long enough to mount the control valve assembly as the instructions stated and the holes in the WR Long bracket were too small so had to drill those out and install longer metric bolts.

Biggest issue was the FEL mount for the hose's on the coupler end. The bracket I think was to be mounted onto the torque tube hardline cover but I didn't really like how it positioned them so I modified the bracket more to my liking and more like I have seen others position them, parallel with the tube.

Attachments

• 20210307_155029.jpg
    20210307_155029.jpg
    6.6 MB · Views: 122
  • 20210313_092510.jpg
    20210313_092510.jpg
    8.1 MB · Views: 118
  • 20210307_173714.jpg
    20210307_173714.jpg
    8.1 MB · Views: 145