LS SAYS A REGEN EVERY 2 HOURS IS NORMAL

/ LS SAYS A REGEN EVERY 2 HOURS IS NORMAL
this tractor has no foot throttle. My plan is to see if the dealer will check the injectors, soot production, thermostat, possibly the turbo getting too much oil, etc, those seem to be the main take away's recommended so far. Basically look to see if it is producing too much soot, the cause and the fix. But please keep the recommendations coming.

/ LS SAYS A REGEN EVERY 2 HOURS IS NORMAL #102  
It ran *95hrs* before its first normal regen, then started regening every 8.9hrs on avg after that, and that just ain't right.

LS telling you, after looking at it *3 times* for the same issue, throwing parts at it, then telling you, 'Oh, every 2hrs is normal so your OK', when that didn't fix it... is complete BS.
I'll go "all in" here. This saga will not change. Nothing will happen. A year from now the OP "might" post back with his past year's data. It will look just like what he displays now.

Use the tractor, ignore the data. If it cranks every time you want to use it, and performs as you would expect, exempting regen frequencies, use it.

/ LS SAYS A REGEN EVERY 2 HOURS IS NORMAL #103  
And that helps the OP HOW?
True he certainly didnt help OP but clearly helps others looking at used tractors reading this thread. Maybe they'll buy an older model machine without all the BS newer models have?
It wasnt politely stated but I understand his point though.
Just say'n...

/ LS SAYS A REGEN EVERY 2 HOURS IS NORMAL #104  
this tractor has no foot throttle. My plan is to see if the dealer will check the injectors, soot production, thermostat, possibly the turbo getting too much oil, etc, those seem to be the main take away's recommended so far. Basically look to see if it is producing too much soot, the cause and the fix. But please keep the recommendations coming.
The problem you face is with getting them to do anything, since they (the manufacturer) say even ever 2 hours is normal, that becomes the "normal" for LS. It's their way of denying warranty service, to correct what pretty much ALL of us agree, is definitely not normal.

So, what can you do? You could put pressure on them through various social media sites, and that may get their attention. Things like this can cost them many tens of thousands of dollars in lost revenue, vs what it might cost them to correct this issue.

OTOH, if there are a lot of in-warranty LS tractors with this same issue, they may be claiming "it's normal", so they are not doing a lot of warranty work that they could escape.

Who knows why someone in LS would say that, but I'm glad you started this thread, since that definitely removes them from consideration in any future purchase by anyone in this family.

I sent all the detailed info from my initial post in a PDF to the dealership last Monday and included a link to this forum thread. I let them know I'd like them to investigate an excessive soot issue under warranty, injectors, thermostat/temp, turbo, etc. They sent that along to LS, and said they'd contact me when they heard back. I stopped in yesterday (Friday) since I had not heard from them yet, letting them know I'm still waiting....Out of sight, out of mind.

it's been 10 days, but I finally got an update after some prompting

LS service techs were at the factory last week, they discussed the issue. The next step they want us to do is install a new EGR valve and re check the software on the ECU. The EGR valve should be here next week...

Will post the outcome after the install and a bit of use.

/ LS SAYS A REGEN EVERY 2 HOURS IS NORMAL #107  
Find someone to delete it. My Kubota regens every 16 hours. $2000 to delete the bothersome software.

Some regen systems will simply destroy the engine.

/ LS SAYS A REGEN EVERY 2 HOURS IS NORMAL #108  
Though we never found out from the OP, the true cause of his short Regen cycles on his LS; I still favor a bad injector, that is providing far more fuel than normal as the probable cause. That also would account for the "strong diesel odor" from his exhaust.

/ LS SAYS A REGEN EVERY 2 HOURS IS NORMAL #109  
^ agreed, good candidate there. Pretty sure it isn't the EGR valve causing extra regens..... oof.

/ LS SAYS A REGEN EVERY 2 HOURS IS NORMAL #110  
Try blowing out radiator min regen is 4 hrs on non LS motor ie 2015-2018 models Mine was 2 things Very dusty radiator core and a small stainless steel seal on injector tough part to get but my dealer found a great substitute at hardware store and for 5$ replaced it blew out dust cleaned air filter, another big culprit for a very low price vice a 2300$ injector Part of regen problem is air flow sensors detect low flow which is interpreted as carbon build up thus requiring regen Things to try clean radiator, air filter and always run motor at at least 2000 + rpm these motors are designed to run hot and higher rpm Down side is fuel consumption but hey! Anything for the green environmental folks
Added note, my dealer has me blowing dust from engine area before every job Has worked great for me ReGeN is right at 4 hrs cycle with a regen of 32 min I have a 2015 XR4046