LS scan tool available

/ LS scan tool available #1  

LS Tractor Owner

Tractor
LS XG3025 TLB, Previously MT125 TLB, Craftsman GTS6500
Here is a link for a scan tool to read / delete the LS tractors error codes. Hope it helps someone out.

I also posted this in the buying section.

/ LS scan tool available #3  
Here is a link for a scan tool to read / delete the LS tractors error codes. Hope it helps someone out.

I also posted this in the buying section.
MY HERO

/ LS scan tool available #4  
I see this is an old thread, but I just received a NexLink NL102 scan tool for heavy duty trucks. The website that I ordered it from said yes to my LS xp8101cps, but there are quite a few scanning formats(J1587, J1939, J1708, etc...) and I'm not sure which one to use. There's no Nexastech company phone number and they haven't replied yet, but I just emailed them so I'm not discouraged yet. What I signed up to say is that it is a real device and looks very rugged and well built.

/ LS scan tool available #5  
Thanks, Boggsley. Please update the thread once you discover more. Hearing about the cost of sensors (I have a 5yo LS 3140XG) has me wondering how long I'll be able to go without a major expenditure - diagnostic tools always appeal.

/ LS scan tool available #6  
Hey guys...I purchased this because I started getting a S 636 code on m XU6168 and the tractor going into limp mode. Tractor is a bit past two years old with about 400 hours. Called the dealer, he said the code indicated a bad crankshaft position sensor. He told me that he did not have any in stock and would order the only one in the system, that was two weeks ago and still no replacement part has arrived.

In the mean time I did purchase the scanner and so far I'm very happy with it. The site contacted me to confirm if I had the 16 port OBD II connector, before they would send it. This morning I went out to start the tractor up with the scanner hooked up, took about 10 minutes before the S 636 code happened. Looking at the scanner it says P0374 "Timing Reference High Resolution Signal A No Pulse."

At this point I find it hard to believe that there is not an alternative position sensor available. Anybody ran into that sensor on this tractor yet? Tractor's not doing me any good sitting to not be used for work.

/ LS scan tool available #7  
...I purchased this because I started getting a S 636 code on m XU6168 and the tractor going into limp mode.
That is great you LS owners can get a scan tool for your tractors, without having to spend too much. I wonder how many other makes of tractor you can get such a tool. I would like one for my ATV.

Anyway, not so good that finding a position sensor is hard. I would look into finding the part from or for another engine from the same maker. Maybe even directly from a supplier in the country or origin.

Are LS engines made in Korea?

/ LS scan tool available #8  
Hey guys...I purchased this because I started getting a S 636 code on m XU6168 and the tractor going into limp mode. Tractor is a bit past two years old with about 400 hours. Called the dealer, he said the code indicated a bad crankshaft position sensor. He told me that he did not have any in stock and would order the only one in the system, that was two weeks ago and still no replacement part has arrived.

In the mean time I did purchase the scanner and so far I'm very happy with it. The site contacted me to confirm if I had the 16 port OBD II connector, before they would send it. This morning I went out to start the tractor up with the scanner hooked up, took about 10 minutes before the S 636 code happened. Looking at the scanner it says P0374 "Timing Reference High Resolution Signal A No Pulse."

At this point I find it hard to believe that there is not an alternative position sensor available. Anybody ran into that sensor on this tractor yet? Tractor's not doing me any good sitting to not be used for work.
OK folks..following up on my last post. A few days after my post the dealer called me to let me know the crankshaft sensor came in. I successfully installed it and no longer have issues.
I will say that I found the sensor on the engine block side behind the starter. I found it easier to just pull the started off, only two nuts holding it in place on my tractor.
Once the starter was out of the way it was a simple unscrew the 8mm, I believe, bolt, disconnect the harness and pull the old sensor. Make sure to check that the old O ring comes out as well, I had to get a small pick to pull the old one out.
Afterwards, just reverse the order and you should be good to go.