LS XR4145HC starting problem....

/ LS XR4145HC starting problem.... #31  
Have you verified these switches?:

Sheet 5.jpg

/ LS XR4145HC starting problem....
I would have thought there would be some "safety switches" in the circuit for the starter relay to be energized like the tractor being in neutral, the PTO not engaged, parking brake on, seat switch being made like someone is sitting it......
Those are the first things I checked, all is good.

Theclimer, when you say verify, if you mean simply by making sure the PTO is not engaged or making sure I'm sitting in the seat etc., yes we have done that. Are you talking about a different way to test them?

/ LS XR4145HC starting problem.... #34  
Theclimer, when you say verify, if you mean simply by making sure the PTO is not engaged or making sure I'm sitting in the seat etc., yes we have done that. Are you talking about a different way to test them?
Making sure the PTO was not engaged or that someone was in the seat was the first thing you needed to confirm. But without using a meter to verify the switch is being made or bypassing these safety's you have not eliminated them as being the problem.

In addition to the ones I circled I'd have to believe you also have a switch to determine if the tractor is in neutral and that the main PTO is not engaged, I did not look further at the electrical schematics for these.

Making sure the PTO was not engaged or that someone was in the seat was the first thing you needed to confirm. But without using a meter to verify the switch is being made or bypassing these safety's you have not eliminated them as being the problem.

In addition to the ones I circled I'd have to believe you also have a switch to determine if the tractor is in neutral and that the main PTO is not engaged, I did not look further at the electrical schematics for these.
PTO is not engaged and tractor normally starts in any gear, I think it might have something to do with it being an HST model.

/ LS XR4145HC starting problem.... #36  
I would Try disconnecting the battery and working all the switches that could possibly cause it not to start then reconnect the battery to see if anything changes.

/ LS XR4145HC starting problem.... #37  
I rerouted a new positive cable from the battery to the starter solenoid. It went bad somewhere in the odd “L” off the post. Didn’t remove the factory cable just added a new one and bingo problem solved and it’s been great