LT2042 issues

/ LT2042 issues
I put this issue on the back burner and resumed mowing for a while. Here we are, almost 2 years later and I have finally found the issue. My ignition coil wire was chewed in half by the mice. Is there a procedure somewhere that explains how to replace the ignition coils on the LT2042?

/ LT2042 issues #22  
Is the coil itself chewed up or just the spark plug wire. If it just the wire, those can be replaced.

/ LT2042 issues #24  
You could try Richard's approach on replacing the lead only. Though the lead isn't serviced separately, a plug wire from an auto parts store will work if you can dig out the old wire and epoxy in the new. If the old wire was batty for long enough, the cd in the coil could have been damaged. If you need help with look up, post the Kohler model and spec.

/ LT2042 issues
I think i'm going to replace the entire unit while everything is apart. I'm still trying to access the modules, but the blower housing is stuck on there. I removed the screws on the outside along the sides, but the housing won't budge. Are there any on top? Btw, it's a Kohler CH18S

/ LT2042 issues #26  
There should be two screws on each head, one about half way down on the sides and then one on each bottom corner. the voltage regulator grounding strap will be bolted to one of the bolts.

/ LT2042 issues
I was finally able to get the cover off. Hopefully, the parts will be here soon. I broke a stud off the muffler, but I think i'll be ok with 2 out of 3.

/ LT2042 issues
Changing the coils was a success. The mower operates better than ever, but it still has a small issue. When I turn the key to the off position, the mower still runs for about 6-7. Is this to be expected with a cylinder that was not in operation for 3 years? Maybe it痴 something else?

/ LT2042 issues #29  
Changing the coils was a success. The mower operates better than ever, but it still has a small issue. When I turn the key to the off position, the mower still runs for about 6-7. Is this to be expected with a cylinder that was not in operation for 3 years? Maybe itç—´ something else?

On my CC the key switch is wearing out. It stops the engine by grounding the coils. I have to play with the key in the off position before the engine stops.

After turning your key off, try wiggling the key putting pressure in different directions and see if it suddenly finds a ground and stops.

Another thing to do is to remove the key switch and polish up the surface where it mates to the tractor to get a better electrical connection.

Dave M7040