LX2610 frustrations

/ LX2610 frustrations #1  

Chugbug

Silver Member
Tractor
BX25
Purchased New, brought it home within 15 hours oil pan started leaking, dealer fixed.......within 25 hours FEL compression fitting sprung a leak, dealer fixed. Last week wife found a nut on floor in the barn (didn't think anything about it), Friday found a new 1.5" carriage bolt near the barn door, did a quick look around the tractor nothing. Today, 1st time actually loading material (gravel) other than mulch, FEL level indicator bar came flying off and here's the result and I know now where the nut and bolt came from😡.......I never had any problems with my BX beginning to wonder if I made the right move

Attachments

• 20210502_170011.jpg
    20210502_170011.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 894
   / LX2610 frustrations #2  
Interesting.

I also noticed your dust seal on the cylinder came off.

I love my '02 BX2200... it's been a great machine.

/ LX2610 frustrations #3  
Interesting.

Not a dust seal. It's a protector to keep paint chips from getting under the dust wiper that's still firmly in place in the cylinder gland. Thinking this is a problem is a common error.
The Swiftach option on the smaller Kubota loaders are a joke.

/ LX2610 frustrations
Interesting.

I had a BX25 and it was a work horse, made this move to gain lifting capacity, which it has but what happened to QC??? I might be trading soon...

/ LX2610 frustrations #5  
Other than the oil pan leak I believe your other problems have all been dealer set up problems. The dealer should probably address them with his set up crew. You could try having them go over their setup procedure with your tractor. They may have missed a few other things. If they're unwilling check the torques on your wheels, loader, and any other critical locations.

/ LX2610 frustrations #6  
Agreed....majority of these are dealer setup and adjustment issues. When I purchased my GR2120, I noticed the local Kubota dealer definitely had a bunch of new workers that appeared to lack serious experience around tractors and using tools of any type in general. So it would not surprise me there are some setup issues.

I suspect, this problem is highly variable from dealer to dealer. Just be patient and alot more aware and checking your tractor more often. Double check all fluid levels, most especially the the front axle. For some reason, that front axle gets overlooked most often.

/ LX2610 frustrations #7  
My last 2 machines had minor dealer setup problems. Hydraulic fittings in my case. Wheel lugnuts and loader bolts need to be checked after a few hours of use, which is normal.

It's frustrating to have these problems on a new machine, and it seems the OP's issues are both dealer setup and manufacturer problems. Once the kinks are worked out I'm sure you will have a reliable tractor.

/ LX2610 frustrations #8  
This is why it is important to do a thorough walk through of your new tractor after its delivered. I went through every grease fitting, almost every nut and bolt, and checked every lug nut on the tires after my tractor was delivered. Always a chance you might miss something but a thorough inspection is a good insurance policy.

/ LX2610 frustrations #9  
With the volumes being sold and covid it’s no wonder they miss things. I had to reroute the wires for the third function as they were on the wrong side of the guard in the right rear tire well.
Found a couple of loose zerks as well. The minor stuff I’ll handle as I don’t want the folks that screwed up working on my machine.

/ LX2610 frustrations #10  
I just blew up the picture and saw the hood and cowling damage! That one improperly tightened bolt on the level indicator that was lost caused all that!?! Would not be surprised at $1,000 damage.

That would make me sick. Good example for dealers, mechanics, operators and us to learn from.

Sorry for your troubles.