LX3310 1st Regen

/ LX3310 1st Regen #11  
I've never heard of someone moving back here for their health, only those who move away! I hope your wife is doing better now that you two are back in Maine, and I hope the LX gives you many years of good use. I looked at them before I purchased my Kioti, and was quite impressed, but then I don't know if [AFFILIATE=1, nofollow=true, newwindow=true, title="Kubota"]Kubota[/AFFILIATE] makes anything bad. Only passed them over due to the discomfort with the treadle pedal. Anyhow, rant aside, [AFFILIATE=1, nofollow=true, newwindow=true, title="Kubota"]Kubota[/AFFILIATE] makes a great tractor and that LX is a winter beast.

/ LX3310 1st Regen #13  
What I do know is that it's best (easiest) to not inhibit the process unless absolutely necessary. When it asks for a Regen, raise the throttle until the raise RPM indicator goes out (assuming there is one on your machine) and let it do its thing.
^This!

/ LX3310 1st Regen #14  
According to what I've read on the [AFFILIATE=1, nofollow=true, newwindow=true, title="Kubota"]Kubota[/AFFILIATE] corporate website and talking to my dealer and the regional [AFFILIATE=1, nofollow=true, newwindow=true, title="Kubota"]Kubota[/AFFILIATE] rep, the average life expectancy of the DPF cannister before renewal is 3500 regens. That is a ton of hours and more than 99% of owners will ever achieve.

Of course at some point it will require replacement, it just won't be you that foots the bill.

/ LX3310 1st Regen #15  
I might add that some can be cleaned while others cannot. It all depends on the level; of soot and how good the substrate is but only the dealer and the EPA approved cleaner can determine that. Last time I checked (last year) the typical cost to clean was just north of 100 bucks for a tractor sized DPF.

The machines are very specialized and the ash is considered haz mat.

Lots of talk on here about deletion too. Keep in mind that the ICU senses the pressure differential between one end of the cannister and the other and that determines the actual regen cycle. If you screw with that, you can upset the balance and probably cause an error code or a limp mode condition and now with the implementation of T5, it gets even worse. T5 basically addresses NOX emissions.

believe me, I'm very happy neither of my tractors are T4 compliant. They are T3 Interem which means no external emissions components other than a mechanical puff limiter and I can deal with that no issue.

/ LX3310 1st Regen #16  
I now have 3 Kubotas with DPF, and have traded 2 with DPF for 2 I now have. One thing I learned is they all vary. My L6060 went the longest, sometimes 60 hours, but also the shortest. Using it on a small square bale resulted in regen every 2 hours. Watching others with old tractors baling, they all have a large puff of smoke with each plunger stroke. I assume the same thing happened on the L6060. I now bale with my M5-111 that replaced the L6060 and it goes at least a day between regens when baling, but is also the tractor that has averaged the lowest typical hour average. The Nebraska tractor tests for both my M7-171 and M5-111 say that [AFFILIATE=1, nofollow=true, newwindow=true, title="Kubota"]Kubota[/AFFILIATE] states the average time between regens is 13 hours. My M7 is around that but is usually working hard. In 10 years since I got my first DPF equipped Kubota, I’ve only done one parked regen. That was my SVL75-2 which has no %plugged readout and was caught at the end of my snow removal job with it doing an auto regen so I parked it outside the garage with the throttle up and waited until it finished to park it in my garage.

/ LX3310 1st Regen #17  
Low hours between regens is idicative of something being wrong I think. I can speak for certain about John Deere but I think all tractor's regen cycles are triggered by soot level. I know mine regens at 100% soot level. Soot level is a calculated value based on the differential pressure across the DPF and some other factors. I would think if your DP is rising that quickly there must be something else causing it to go high so fast. JD makes a bluetooth device that communicates with a phone app that provides telemetry that includes soot level among other things. I can keep up with soot level live and have a good idea when a regen is about to happen.

/ LX3310 1st Regen #18  
A little back story or front story or whatever you want to call it but, every time the engine gets up on the governor to maintain a set pto rpm, it will give off a puff and that puff gets captured in the dpf cannister and that will contribute to a sooner regen. Once the sensors in the dpf ascertain a pre set pressure drop, the ECM initiates a regen. How t works.

On my pre 4 tractors (the M9's), I had the head tech at my dealer (who is a personal friend), crank both of my mechanically injected units up (which is easy to do) with a mechanical pump. Mine are rated at 83 pto but both are well above that (93 for the open station) and 92 for the cab unit (pto).

I rarely get a puff except when I engage the disc mower because the load from all the moving parts is pretty high and I have to engage the mower at just above an idle to mitigate driveline shock. I'll get a little puff then but I have no dpf to capture it. I have no loss in gallons per hour used either, both are still very frugal on fuel. Like I said, the only time I get a puff is when I engage the disc mower and it's not much. Glad both of mine are pre 4 units. No emissions controls at all, just the puff limiter which is mechanical not electronic. Rarely get any visible smoke from the exhaust stack, just heat. Far as round bailing is concerned, I'm running the baler at rated (540) rpm all the time, from the initial start to the finished and ejected bale so the engine never gets up on the governor at all. Only time it's not running at rated rpm is when I stop for a break.

I'll take a mechanically injected engine over an electronic one any day. and most likely why the pre 4 units command a high price today. people don't want the electronic junk, I fully understand that. Only going to get worse too. The EPA is rolling in the T5 mandate which will complicate it even more. T5 has to do with NOX emissions. How they will address that I have no idea but by law, they have to.

I'll keep what I have until I quit farming which will probably be sooner than later with the cost of inputs getting stupid. I do know both of mine will command a premium price as everyone wants them but no manufacturer builds them today.

Not just [AFFILIATE=1, nofollow=true, newwindow=true, title="Kubota"]Kubota[/AFFILIATE] but all builders. They all have to comply or quit selling units in this country.

/ LX3310 1st Regen #19  
Received our LX3310 new in July of 2021. Now have 298 hours on it. It has just finished 21 regents. Averaged 14.2 hrs between, longest interval was 30 hrs. I try to keep rpm’s at 2200 or 2400,(540 pto), throttle down to 1600 for precise control on FEL, post hole digging, finish work etc. Throttle back up to 2200 as soon as possible, use winter cover whenever temps fall close to freezing or lower. Regents are closer when on light work and farther when working under heavy loads. I try to manage chores so that the tractor works for 1 to 2 hrs with minimum idling, not like with the older machines where the work flow occurred as circumstances dictated.
The injectors had to be replaced at just under 300 hrs. Dealer read a code that indicated too high a turbin inlet temperature. No way for operator to monitor this. I am installining a pyrometer, know there is a factory installed sensor but dealers says I cannot access it. Not a good way for the manufacturer to endear themselves to me. I need 25 plus pto hp in a compact footprint, so I am locked into the tier 4 EPA requirements. If you can meet your needs with less than 20 pto hp, I highly recommend you do so. Our pre tier 4 machines have, and are reliable and available to meet our needs economically. The same cannot be said of the newer machines.

/ LX3310 1st Regen #20  
I bought a new LX3310 a couple months back and have used it very little to date with only 12hrs on it. The first snow fell Thursday night and went out and blew the drive and some areas around the house. I then drove to the end of our road to pickup the garbage can and back. I got the single chime/beep every five seconds and the flashing regen light. As I have never had a tractor with this (previous was a MX5100) it took me a bit to get it doing it’s parked regen. My question is doesn’t this seem a bit early? I had expected this maybe at like 70-75hrs based on other posts here and elsewhere but I guess that is dependent on tractor use. It just has me wondering on how often this will occur as while it was not a royal pain, it is disconcerting if it happens like every 10hrs.

Tks for any info as I am still learning about regen and all the details around it. Pic because everyone likes them.
Not surprising, especially first regen in cold weather.

I always push the inhibit button when starting a brief task and when nearing completion of other tasks.

Regens have the habit of beginning when I am heading for the barn.