LX3310 vs L3301

/ LX3310 vs L3301 #11  
VIDEO: *New* Kubota LX261? | LX331? Tractors - Series Overview - YouTube

LX3301 has a mid-PTO standard, which is not available on the L3301.

Engine displacement on LX3301 is 91.5 cu inches, 30.8 gross hp @ 2,500 rpm.
Engine displacement on L3301 is 111.4 cu inches, 33.0 gross hp @ 2,700 rpm
Not much difference between the two, though I personally slightly favor Kubota 3-cylinder diesel engines over small displacement four cylinders. I have owned both.

New Kubota tractors ship from Kubota manufacturing and assembly plants in Georgia, hard hit by Covid-19. Kubota plants were all shut down for awhile, now operating below capacity.

Corona virus is spreading rapidly in Georgia. No dealer can forecast supply/delivery of new tractors at this time. Supply of new tractors liable to get worse before it gets better. All brands, not just Kubota.

Wheels and tires are provided to Kubota by Titan International, further complicating supply. Wheels and tires are almost the only parts Kubota does not supply from Kubota plants.

The three cylinder engine in the L3301 is naturally aspirated and is rated at 26.2 PTO HP with HST.

The four cylinder engine in LX3310 is rated at 27 PTO HP. It is turbocharged and also smoother.

But for tractor weight, a wash.

SDT

/ LX3310 vs L3301 #12  
Don't forget theres a 10in difference in loader lift height if that's important to what you need.
Also that changes the lift specs comparison a little since they are rated to full height on the lift.

Now the lack of 3pt capacity on the L is a little annoying compared to the LX

/ LX3310 vs L3301
You guys are all giving good information, but not helping much:laughing:

I keep going back and forth on this. There are advantages to both. I like the LX - features, specs, & size but I like the weight of the L.

/ LX3310 vs L3301
Just spoke to the dealer. I think I will be staying with the L. He told me he was able to get the R14s ordered and they should be here this week and I should have a tractor by the end of the week.

/ LX3310 vs L3301 #15  
If you have chance to purchase tractor with turbo do it if you plan to keep up good maintenance. The extra torque curve produced makes that tractor seem like 50 hp unit. However in the cold of winter plan on running 0w-40 oil to protect the turbo. More TLC required but the torque curve makes it tough machine. Best of luck on your choice make sure your dealer is worthy of your business regarding after sales service. Hit miss with dealers difficult keeping good technicians on staff.

/ LX3310 vs L3301 #16  
Thanks for bringing this up Jim. I am also looking at these two Kubota tractors. I have had a number of Kubota's from a L5XXX can't remember now what the last 3 digits were, L48, L3830 HST, L3940 HST. My favorite was the L3830 HST. Everything about it was dialed in. My only complaint and it is pretty small about the L3301 is the brake pedals on the same side as the HST pedal. It forces me to use cruise control to use individual braking. Interestingly, the 4701 has the brake pedals on the other side. I am curious if you have used the PTO specifically for a mower and if so what size/type?
Anything else you might add is a bonus for me. I will add a 3rd function valve for a grapple on the loader. The L3940 has it and it is perhaps the most amazing work saver I have ever used. I have made burn piles as big as 10 VW bugs with it. Really want to try out the R14's as well.

/ LX3310 vs L3301 #17  
Oops, forgot to mention this one. 3 cylinder beast. Had two rear PTO's at different speeds.

Attachments

• B0014087.JPG
    B0014087.JPG
    5.9 MB · Views: 126
Last edited:
   / LX3310 vs L3301 #18  
The three cylinder engine in the L3301 is naturally aspirated and is rated at 26.2 PTO HP with HST.

The four cylinder engine in LX3310 is rated at 27 PTO HP. It is turbocharged and also smoother.

But for tractor weight, a wash.

SDT
I don't see it being turbocharged and it is still indirect injected.

/ LX3310 vs L3301 #20  
The 454D I had was a 3 cylinder diesel and it had so much power I could run a 84" mower on the high PTO (1000 RPM I think) at just above idle and it breezed through everything but the tallest weeds. Mower was a 540 and thus the reason for the slow engine speed.