LX4020 Loader Lift Question

/ LX4020 Loader Lift Question #1  

Johnkn

Platinum Member
Tractor
Kubota LX3310
I have an extremely low hour LX3310 and could use an extra few hundred pounds of loader lift capacity and was considering a new LX4020. I thought I read and saw online that the new FEL on the LX4020 (even though the designation LA535 vs LA545 does not suggest it) was much more capable and +200-300 lbs over the LX3310 FEL, however when going to the Kubota site now I see almost no difference:

FRONT LOADER SPECIFICATIONS*
MODEL.................................................................LA535...........LA545

Lift Capacity (Pivot pin) lbs. (kg)............................1067 (484).......1100 (499)
Lift Capacity(Pivot pin @ 1.5m) lbs. (kg)................ 1324 (601).......1325 (601)

Outdoors With The Morgans showed his 4020 with 350 lbs Landpride forks lifting ( just off the ground) an IBC packed with split oak that he thought weighted ~1400 lbs and held a full 1/3 cord of wood.....
??

thank you

Last edited:
   / LX4020 Loader Lift Question #2  
One says at pivot pin, one says pivot pin at 1.5m. Those are two different numbers.

Even so, yeah it appears the 535 is much more anemic

/ LX4020 Loader Lift Question #3  
First be sure your tractor is lifting to its full spec.

Loader pressure test gauge site:tractorbynet.com

The potential you read in your manual in theory may not be true of your Loader in reality.

T-B-N ARCHIVE:
increasing kubota b fel loader lift capacity
kubota b2650 loader lift capacity

MODEL.................................................................LA535...........LA545

The numerical subset of Kubota Loader descriptions closely describes factory spec Loader lift capacity in kilograms.

Last edited:
   / LX4020 Loader Lift Question
One says at pivot pin, one says pivot pin at 1.5m. Those are two different numbers.

Even so, yeah it appears the 535 is much more anemic

I understand the pin and pin +1.5 numbers, but no, the specs suggest there is almost zero difference in the old and new loader, 33 lbs at the pins and 1 lb at pin +1.5M

The numerical subset of Kubota Loader descriptions closely describes factory spec Loader lift capacity in kilograms.

i know how to read Kubota loader/capacity values, that's not my question.

Again, the specs suggest almost no increase in capacity between the LA535 and LA545, however some of the actual testing suggests otherwise..

/ LX4020 Loader Lift Question #6  
i know how to read Kubota loader/capacity values, that's not my question.

Again, the specs suggest almost no increase in capacity between the LA535 and LA545, however some of the actual testing suggests otherwise..

What actual testing?

What are you citing?

Someone with a LA545 loader lifting a tote of unknown weight....only best guess...
Did this test also include a LA535 that failed to lift then the 545 did lift?

Because no.......they are basically the same loader with a slightly different model number. Probably the exact same geometry, operating pressure, and cylinder sizes.

And since they have breakout forces ~2250# at the pins.....it stands to reason that it could lift a 1400# estimated weight just off the ground on pallet forks.

But to answer your question....NO there is not gonna be a 200# improvement by going to the LA545 loader over the LA535. There will be no real world change whatsoever

What actual testing?

What are you citing?

Someone with a LA545 loader lifting a tote of unknown weight....only best guess...
Did this test also include a LA535 that failed to lift then the 545 did lift?

Because no.......they are basically the same loader with a slightly different model number. Probably the exact same geometry, operating pressure, and cylinder sizes.

And since they have breakout forces ~2250# at the pins.....it stands to reason that it could lift a 1400# estimated weight just off the ground on pallet forks.

But to answer your question....NO there is not gonna be a 200# improvement by going to the LA545 loader over the LA535. There will be no real world change whatsoever
Where do you see 2250 at the pins?

/ LX4020 Loader Lift Question #8  
Again, the specs suggest almost no increase in capacity between the LA535 and LA545, however some of the actual testing suggests otherwise.
That is because Kubota lets Loaders and Backhoes out of the assembly plants in Georgia with (speculation) +/- 10% pressure variation. (20% variation from low to high.) The dealers are supposed to check Loader pressure during their assembly of major components but often do not. If the customer does not complain, the Loader hydraulic pressure is OK.

Read Post #3.

Last edited:
   / LX4020 Loader Lift Question #9  
Those loaders are not that different, get a gauge and set your pressure at 2,600 psi and get yourself a 1,200+ lbs counter weight.

/ LX4020 Loader Lift Question #10  
Where do you see 2250 at the pins?

In the kubota brochure

la535.JPG