Lynch Pins Coming Off

/ Lynch Pins Coming Off
I assume you're snapping the ring over the pin? Usually these are so tight that they wont come off.

But since I am assuming you're snapping that ring over the pin, and they are still coming off, then you're dealing with some very rough terrain and/or vibrations in order to get that ring to come loose and pop that pin out. Maybe slow down or find the reasons as to why?

I've never lost a pin, on the 3 point, while brush hogging, and I've done some very rough terrain. I've lost pins on the link adjustment bars, and on the 3 point while using the box blade by pushing dirt up against the pins, forcing them out, but never while mowing.

Maybe wrap a zip tie around the shank of the pin and around the ring to keep the ring from coming up? If that makes sense?
I’ve heard zip ties will work, I’ll try that. Thank you

/ Lynch Pins Coming Off
I found some lynch pins are created better than others.
The ones that came with my flail fell off quickly.
Went to TSC and hand picked ones that seems springy and tight to the pin. Seem to have less issues when I pick them individually.
We will see how long they last though.
Seems we might need a lynch pin or cotter for the lynch pins :-(
That’s the truth!

/ Lynch Pins Coming Off
I always lose these in the woods while logging. I even tried to use the "chained ones" but could not keep those either as the small chain would simply break off. When roving about my old logging lanes with a metal detector, I found 9 of the things that are lost over a period of 30 years w/o doing every lane.
So in following Sberry's advice, I cut a strip of Gorilla tape and wrap that around the stem and wire but I only do that on the pins that are seldom if ever need removing.

The fear of "losing" is not the real fear. My three point gets all discombobulated when one drops off and if I have a heavy weight on it or digs into the ground and I'm looking where I'm driving in-between peaks back there, things get bent.
Exactly, they get bent in a hurry. I’ll try that too and thank you.

/ Lynch Pins Coming Off
Forget the pins. I use equivalent sized bolts with nylon self locking nuts. I don't want to have a link pin fall out and bend the support arms, so lynch pins are out for me.
I’m going to use bolts on the ones I don’t remove very often. Thank you.

/ Lynch Pins Coming Off
I've yet to have one of these fall out. Do you know how they're getting undone?

Maybe a different style than the usual round wire spring clips would resist getting opened and lost?
My guess is that it’s happening with saplings getting lodged in the pin and opening them up as I move forward.

/ Lynch Pins Coming Off
How much play are you allowing in your arms? And are your pins the largest that will fit?

Edit: and which direction are your pin holes set? Have not lost any on mine in 3 years.
View attachment 703187
I do have some play in the arms, not much. I’ve never measured the size of the pins but I will now. Thank you.

/ Lynch Pins Coming Off
ITs a common issue when mowing brush.

Best thing to do is get a quick hitch.....if all your implements are compatible. Then you never need to remove lynch pins and you can simply use bolts/nylocks instead for the QH pins.
I actually have been looking on YouTube at quick hitches. Thank you.

/ Lynch Pins Coming Off
I used to lose a lot of them mowing, started using large “R” pins pushed all the way through so they’re just hanging, haven’t lost one since
I’ll check into that as well and thank you.