Lynch Pins Coming Off

/ Lynch Pins Coming Off #52  
This is how I do it
20210624_131129.jpg
20210624_131140.jpg

/ Lynch Pins Coming Off #54  
I finally got the bail to move over. Don't trust it as it had something stuck in there :-0

/ Lynch Pins Coming Off #55  
On my 3 pt I have 4 lynch pin locations.
They held 5/8" pins in place.

My 'cure' was to replace those 5/8" 'pins' with short 5/8" bolts and self locking nuts.
That was years ago when I got fed up limping home for lack of spares on board.
Haven't suffered lynch pin issues ever since.

Another 'cure' I came up with was to use some wire to safety my 3-point turnbuckles after having lost one. That cost me a whole new adjustment kit since the turnbuckle only was not to be had.
(well it actually was but combined with shipping fees it was cheaper to buy an aftermarket kit)

(The handiest safety wire is Hydro lineman's aluminum wire* that they carry in a roll on their trucks. Easy to shape and holds without twisting.)
* I now keep a few lengths on my tractor at all times.

/ Lynch Pins Coming Off #56  
I've never lost a pin. I've lost a couple hairpin keepers on the pins where my lower 3-point arms attach to the tractor. At those two points I've gone to bolts with double nylon keeper nuts. Base to base - torqued down tight and LockTite.

This has solved the problem for me. The rest of the locations - I use those snap over pins that S219 speaks of. And, yes, they hurt real bad when they snap shut on my fingers.

I think what sickeys did - post#52 is a good answer also.

/ Lynch Pins Coming Off
I've never lost a pin. I've lost a couple hairpin keepers on the pins where my lower 3-point arms attach to the tractor. At those two points I've gone to bolts with double nylon keeper nuts. Base to base - torqued down tight and LockTite.

This has solved the problem for me. The rest of the locations - I use those snap over pins that S219 speaks of. And, yes, they hurt real bad when they snap shut on my fingers.

I think what sickeys did - post#52 is a good answer also.

I’m putting bolts and nuts on the front side of my lift arms. Safety wire on others. Thank you!

/ Lynch Pins Coming Off
On my 3 pt I have 4 lynch pin locations.
They held 5/8" pins in place.

My 'cure' was to replace those 5/8" 'pins' with short 5/8" bolts and self locking nuts.
That was years ago when I got fed up limping home for lack of spares on board.
Haven't suffered lynch pin issues ever since.

Another 'cure' I came up with was to use some wire to safety my 3-point turnbuckles after having lost one. That cost me a whole new adjustment kit since the turnbuckle only was not to be had.
(well it actually was but combined with shipping fees it was cheaper to buy an aftermarket kit)

(The handiest safety wire is Hydro lineman's aluminum wire* that they carry in a roll on their trucks. Easy to shape and holds without twisting.)
* I now keep a few lengths on my tractor at all times.

Thank you for your input. Like I said, bolts and nuts on the front of my 3 point lift arms, wire on the others that keep disappearing. That’s my new plan. Thanks again!

/ Lynch Pins Coming Off #60  
Slight tangent here, someone recently lost one of those smaller lynch pins on the road around here. My neighbor found it the hard way. Embedded in the left rear tire on his truck! Right through the tread.