Lynch Pins

/ Lynch Pins #1  

marhar

Gold Member
Tractor
Farm Trac 60
Is there ever a time when you should not use (Heavy Duty) HD Lynchpin? I always use HD pins, compared to downtime while working the pins are cheap.

Last edited:
   / Lynch Pins #2  
3pt equipment that isn’t working in brushy conditions would be fine to use standard linch pins. Especially on top link pins where nothing is going to brush up and sweep the pin off.

But, use the HD linchpins if it makes you happy. Just don’t, please don’t, get your thumbnail under the bail!🩸🩸

/ Lynch Pins
3pt equipment that isn’t working in brushy conditions would be fine to use standard linch pins. Especially on top link pins where nothing is going to brush up and sweep the pin off.

But, use the HD linchpins if it makes you happy. Just don’t, please don’t, get your thumbnail under the bail!🩸🩸
One time....only one time I got "pinched". I still remember it. I will do my best never to let it happen again. Thankfully my young son was not there...he would have learned new words to express pain.

/ Lynch Pins #4  
Just don’t, please don’t, get your thumbnail under the bail!
Odd you mention that :). Where I worked we used them a lot, favorite thing to do until the person caught on. Get a pin, open it up until it just stayed partially open then toss it at someone and yell, "Hey, catch this'. Natural instinct is to catch it, depending on how it was caught, it would snap in your palm and give a nice sting. You'd get the pin back but usually faster and harder than you threw it :) . Childish...yep, didn't stop us tho LOL

/ Lynch Pins #5  
That reminds me of an Army sargent on the NATO base Naples,
Italy in the supply room. He would charge up a capacitor and when
someone would walk in the door he would toss it to them and they
would get a shock but one day a guy caught it and threw it back to
him and he was the one that got the jolt and it really nailed him and
that was the end of his prank.

I purchased a box of these at Harbor Freight:
1684677678326.png
1684677647604.png

willy

/ Lynch Pins #6  
He would charge up a capacitor....
I've done that too when I started pumping gas at a local garage. They had an old Champion plug blaster and tester, you could charge up a cap something unreal. 'Course that wasn't good enough for us, we hooked up the tester to the office door, closed the door. Few minutes later we told the guy inside he was needed at the carwash, he grabbed the knob and one of us hit the button, got a high C out of him I thing and he changed gender for awhile.