"M" Series creeper option

/ "M" Series creeper option #11  
Muleskinner said:
My Kubota tech told me the creeper gear set is weak and not to be used for anything other that seeders, Etc. That means no stump pulling Etc.

Yeah, I don't think you can even use it for running a tiller. Maybe using a spreader and sprayer but that's about it.

/ "M" Series creeper option
I won't be getting that option next year.

Doyle

/ "M" Series creeper option #13  
I'm in with those that can't imagine anything slower than 1st gear low on my L4400. At idle speed you could literally get off and walk beside it. It barely moves! (Of course getting off the seat would kill the engine and I wouldn't do that anyway).

/ "M" Series creeper option #14  
Muleskinner said:
My Kubota tech told me the creeper gear set is weak and not to be used for anything other that seeders, Etc. That means no stump pulling Etc.

Can anyone tell me why a creeper gear would be "weak"??? Seems to me a creeper gear would be very slow but unstoppable (limited by traction). Just as with a High/Low gearbox Low gives you the most pulling power why wouldn't Super-Low (creeper) give you even more pulling power? I'm confused!

/ "M" Series creeper option #15  
The super low gears are designed for low speed and not high torque. If you try stump pulling with these low gears, you will break something.
Design

/ "M" Series creeper option #16  
design said:
The super low gears are designed for low speed and not high torque. If you try stump pulling with these low gears, you will break something.
Design

Isn't that the trade off - speed for torque? Slow speed produces high torque. High speed produces low torque. If you were designing something to produce high torque you'd use a small drive gear to turn a large gear. Yes? Mechanically you would think a creeper gear would be the stump pulling gear. If you're not suppose to use the creeper gear for high torque applications there must be something else going on. Maybe other parts down the driveline aren't designed to deal with the forces the creeper gear produces or maybe the physical size of the creeper gear itself is so small it is weak. I was just wondering if anyone knew for sure if the creeper gear is "weak" and why that might be. Thanks.

/ "M" Series creeper option #17  
Exactly... Creeper gear is not weak, I'm afraid you have been misinformed.. By this logic, Low range in my 4x4 pick up truck would be weak..and it's not, I own a M7060 and I added the creeper cassette option to the tractor, it's a beast! I use the creeper (super low range) with my root grapple and maneuvering the tractor in tight quarters such as corrals and in the barn. It's nonsense to think a mfg is going to sell a reduction gear and put a disclaimer on it, stating "don't use it pull with...."

/ "M" Series creeper option #18  
I am glad the safety squad was not around the farm when the old Farmall H was in low towing the haywagon and three young boys chuckin bales till the end of the field and then race to hop on and turn it around for another mile or 2
Hi Froggy,

I had the creeper gearing installed when I bought my M4900 for the tilling advantage. The manual cautioned me about not using it for much more than a tiller but I have found it useful for a few other things but I can稚 tell you what without irking the safety police. Let痴 just say that I can walk beside and unload a trailer faster than it can roll in any of the creep gears.

I don't use it much at all but find it comforting knowing that I can if the need arises. I have used it with my box blade but my patience isn稚 what it used to be so I shifted up to get the job done.

Jeff

/ "M" Series creeper option #19  
Boy how do people find a 7 year old.