M5 steering noise vibration

/ M5 steering noise vibration #11  
Funny you mentioned this, I was leaving the shop with the batwing. Driving on the gravel drive the front end started this shaking thing. I thought it was some sort of resonance between the road, bar lugs & my tire psi & speed. It stopped after a few seconds & haven't noticed it again... This issue doesn't have anything to do with the hydraulics, it's something mechanical. Is this hat you're talking about?

Steve

/ M5 steering noise vibration
Funny you mentioned this, I was leaving the shop with the batwing. Driving on the gravel drive the front end started this shaking thing. I thought it was some sort of resonance between the road, bar lugs & my tire psi & speed. It stopped after a few seconds & haven't noticed it again... This issue doesn't have anything to do with the hydraulics, it's something mechanical. Is this hat you're talking about?

Steve

No, mine is strictly hydraulic, something I notice only at low load high engine speed. Low load low engine speed it’s fine. High load high engine speed - my M7-171 had 2 long downtime periods this summer and I had to use the M5 in its place though with smaller implements and no problem. Baling hay, needed engine at 2000 rpm for PTO speed and no problem. Now it’s stored for the winter so see how it goes come spring. It’s only around 300 hours so just breaking in yet.