M59TLB - Laurin Cab

/ M59TLB - Laurin Cab #1  

BandDcabinet

Silver Member
Tractor
Kubota M59, B3030, B7100
I have been looking at a Laurin Cab for my new M59TLB. I had a hard time finding details of the cab. Most say it is well built but there is little info on the web. It must be purchased thru a new tractor dealer acording to Laurin. I'm retiring sooooooo I'm giving it a close look. Probably my last tractor purchase. After 46 years of work and no one else to answer to I may just go for the comfort.

Anyway I thought some folks might like to see more detail of the cabs.

Also note the reference to two different alternators for the M59. Page 9 talks about a 60 amp unit. I didn't know one was available for the M59.

Attachments

• KU2956-photos pg 1 thru 5.pdf
    774.8 KB · Views: 1,167
  • KU2956-photos pg 6 thru 9.pdf
    499.3 KB · Views: 630
  • KUI2956-page1.pdf
    407.9 KB · Views: 534
  • KUI2956-page2.pdf
    290.4 KB · Views: 425
  • KUI2956-page3.pdf
    123.5 KB · Views: 483
   / M59TLB - Laurin Cab #2  
Laurin makes nice stuff. Seems I recall reading here that cab is ten grand+. If you can swing the green..... I say go for it. You certainly won't regret haveing a cab in New England.

/ M59TLB - Laurin Cab #3  
Laurin builds a fine cab, perhaps the best aftermarket cab out there, it just seems crazy to pay more for an aftermarket than you would for a factory cab, JMHO? You could buy a decent mini excavator for 10 grand, do your digging with that and have a nice factory cab tractor for everything else.

/ M59TLB - Laurin Cab #4  
BandDcabinet - thanks for posting pix and assembly info it was a big help!!

I have been looking for cabs for my M59 as well. I have a B3030 with a cab and it has spoiled me - love it - especially now!!
I have looked at both the Sim's Yukon cab and the Laurin. Sims is about $7K all features, tax and delivery.
The Laurin Eclipse is about $12.9K all features (EX, BH extension, but no air), tax and delivery.

The Laurin seems a much better cab, whole new ROPS, much more glass and visibility, doors both sides, etc. Looks almost the same as the B3030 cab. But is has a HUGE price tag. The B3030 factory cab with air was only about $4K.

The Sims cab fits inside the exsiting ROPS, has only one door, much less glass, and is not nearly as nice fitting. I am concerned that fitting inside the existing ROPS frame may make for some tight spots - especially entry and exit.

I might opt for the Laurin EL and not get the BH extension. This would bring the cost down to about $9K vs $12.9. After using the B3030 cab - the main thing is to get out of the wind and keep the elements out. When using the B3030 cab I often do not even turn on the heat. Typically dressed for winter anyway and it gets too warm so I turn off the heat.

I would lover to see both first hand before I make a decision.

/ M59TLB - Laurin Cab #5  
I had a Laurin cab on a JD110. I installed it with a buddy of mine and it had the backhoe enclosure. The unit was top notch and wasn't that bad to install as long as some patience was used, but the backhoe enclosure was extremely tight to get into and move around in, but the 59 is wider so it may be nicer especially with the spin around seat. I did see a dealer installing a cab on an M59 a few months ago and that unit had AC and the only complaint the mechanics had was that they had to fab up their own mounts for the compressor because Laurin didn't offer one at the time, but they may now, otherwise it looked like a nice cab, as close to factory as it'll get.