Comparison M60 series vs M5 series

/ M60 series vs M5 series #1  

scvfd7241

Does anyone know if the M8560 and M9960 tractor are going to be replaced by the M5 091 and 111 or will they continue to be made as well. Also what are the functional differences or is the redesigned cab the main differences. And one last question are the lower horsepower M60 series tractors going to continue to be in production.

/ M60 series vs M5 series #2  
I am waiting to see as well, i.e. Kubota (Canada) still lists the 5640SU, and the 5660SU. I am guessing there will be a "M4" series for the smaller utilities at some point. I was at a Kubota dealer a few weeks ago that had what seemed like 2 dozen M series utilities still in shipper crates brand new, so not sure if case of stocking up before model change/clearance or just make lots of sales.

/ M60 series vs M5 series #3  
M8560 and 9960 are gone because they do not meet emissions requirements in North America, Europe, and Japan. The M5 series got major upgrades everywhere just like the Grand X did when those 4 models came out. Having had its major upgrade with the Grand X, the M6 has almost no changes other than meeting the NOX standard that came with Tier 4 final/Stage 4. Consequently the cost increase of a M6 over a Grand X is not nearly as significant as the difference between the M5 and its predecessors. I ran the build my Kubota numbers through on my 2013 M135GX vs the comparable M6 yesterday and was surprised the difference wasn't greater after what people had suggested on thus site. Not so when I compared the M5.

/ M60 series vs M5 series #4  
Yes. they have been replaced. The M8560 and 9960 tractors are no longer being built and only those already produced are available for sale.

This is the reason why I bought a new M9960HDC12 about two months ago rather than waiting a year or so as I had originally planned.

The HP break for the nonsensical (final) TIER IV regulations is approximately 60 PTO HP so the M7060 and smaller tractors are not yet affected and remain unchanged for now.

SDT

SDT

/ M60 series vs M5 series #5  
Anything over 25hp is affected by tier 4 final standards. Not sure if there is a different change at higher HP, but the 25hp L series showed up just to avoid tier 4 emissions gear, despite being a bit underpowered for the frame & weight.

/ M60 series vs M5 series #6  
Tier 4 final for <25 HP was 2008. Others have been introduced in stages but saying the small engines do not have to meet Tier 4 final is incorrect - it was so long ago, and only involved minor changes as for total pollutant output, the requirement was not stringent.

/ M60 series vs M5 series #7  
Tier 4 final for <25 HP was 2008. Others have been introduced in stages but saying the small engines do not have to meet Tier 4 final is incorrect - it was so long ago, and only involved minor changes as for total pollutant output, the requirement was not stringent.

Didn't say that.

Government cannot leave anything alone and eventually, you will have DEF, catalytic converters, etc., etc., etc., on your walk behind lawn mower.

For now, at least, DEF is not required on Kubota (and other) tractors 60 HP and below.

Considering the future, all bets are off.

Dean

/ M60 series vs M5 series #8  
Sadly your average lawn mower puts off more pollutants doing a small suburban lawn than your average car driving 200 miles.

/ M60 series vs M5 series #9  
Didn't say that.

Government cannot leave anything alone and eventually, you will have DEF, catalytic converters, etc., etc., etc., on your walk behind lawn mower.

For now, at least, DEF is not required on Kubota (and other) tractors 60 HP and below.

Considering the future, all bets are off.

Dean

It's coming to 60hp and under according to our dealer. All this mess started in the 1990's and Tier 4 was finalized in 2004 and was to be implemented by 2015 or 2016.