M6800 Slow Hydraulics

/ M6800 Slow Hydraulics #1  

awhite

Tractor
Kubota M6800/Kubota L3830/MKubota M8560 CAB/Kubota ZD221/Kubota BX1500/Ford 3930
Recently I've noticed that the hydraulics on my M6800 are slow to respond after the tractor gets warm. It has a Bushog loader, and you can't get the loader to respond unless you run high rpm's. Replaced hydraulic fluid and filter less than 50 hrs ago. The old hydraulic fluid looked milky as if it had water in it. Tractor hasn't been left outside a dozen times over five years. Tractor has a little less than 900 hrs. on it. The hydraulics work good when the engine is cold, but after working it for a while it feels like it has lost pressure. Any ideas?

/ M6800 Slow Hydraulics #2  
You need to get a gauge and do some pressure test's..If the milky fluid was in there for a long time then the pump is probably damaged.

/ M6800 Slow Hydraulics
What kind of gauge(s) do I need to perform these tests?

/ M6800 Slow Hydraulics #4  

A 3000 to 5000 psi liquid filled pressure gage, and necessary fittings.

If the fluid is milky, change it out as soon as possible, and try and find where the water got into the reservoir.

/ M6800 Slow Hydraulics #5  
I would check the dipstick on it as to me it would be a good place for rain to enter if not pushed in fully. There is a rubber seal on the dipstick. Also the fill cap as the sun really weather at least mine.

/ M6800 Slow Hydraulics #6  
That sounds right if it has water in it. If its water it has an unmistakeable look. A frophy, bubbley look could mean there is an air on the suction side. Hydraulic oil with bubbles in it can comress and would operate slower. Richard

/ M6800 Slow Hydraulics #7  

One like THIS is what you need, a short(24" or so)hose and a QD that fits one of your loader or rear remote fittings.