Oil & Fuel M7040 fuel level question

/ M7040 fuel level question #1  

keving

Gold Member
Tractor
Kubota 7040HDC
I just refueled my 7040 for the first time. It has a 29 gallon tank and the fuel gauge was at about 1/8 tank. I could only fit about 12.5 gallons.... Is this a REALLY bottom heavy tank?

/ M7040 fuel level question #2  
I have an M7040 and I think it holds about 18.5 gallons.

/ M7040 fuel level question #3  
It holds 29.1 gal for the cab version and 18.5 for the ROPS version. I've never let mine get very low. Maybe 2/3 of a tank before refuelling. How many hours did you have on it when you refuelled? Even though fuel consumption is going to vary depending on application and engine speed that may help give some insight into your question. It does sound like it's very bottom heavy though. Did your low fuel light come on yet?

/ M7040 fuel level question
I had a about 20 hours on her at that point. The fuel light did not come on and I was not doing high RPM work. It is the cab version with the 29.1 gal tank. How is your fuel economy?

/ M7040 fuel level question #5  
keving said:
I had a about 20 hours on her at that point. The fuel light did not come on and I was not doing high RPM work. It is the cab version with the 29.1 gal tank. How is your fuel economy?

I dunno; hard to say. Like I said, I keep it topped off. But I have about 26 hours on it and have probably only put in about 12-15 gallons at most. Most of that is heavy loader work at about 1600 RPMs. So I'll bet that the tank is pretty bottom heavy. You could send m7040 a PM, I'll bet he would know since he has the cab version.

/ M7040 fuel level question #6  
keving, I have almost 200 hours on mine. Ran it low to where the low fuel light came on and it took about 29 gallons to fill up. With heavy lawn mower work it uses about 1 gallon an hour. Any other type of work use less because of lighter loading