Machinery Auction

/ Machinery Auction #11  
   / Machinery Auction #12  
You all raise great points concerning live auctions. There is not much difference in bidding or selling in online auctions in my opinion. I continuely remind my users to contact the sellers, get as much information about the item as possible and as much information about the seller as possible before entering bids. Fortunately, with our site users can leave information (feedback) on one another that lets others know a little about who they are dealing with. You still have to do your home work in order to find out whether or not you are getting a good deal. Like Sweet said, you enter a bid amount or auto bid amount for the amount you are willing to pay for the item and draw the line there.

/ Machinery Auction #13  
interesting site dawg. How much traffic are you getting? It should be a good alternative to ebay since they dont allow guns, etc.

On topic I have bid on my own items at a consignment auction but still sold 80% of what I brought. I always stopped bidding just as soon as I got what I needed.

I think only a fool would just drop stuff off and wait for a check in the mail.

/ Machinery Auction #14  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( interesting site dawg. How much traffic are you getting? )</font>
I must be missing something. Which site are you referring to? I don't see a link in browndawg's post. Is there one somewhere that I've missed? Thanks, John

/ Machinery Auction #15  
I think it was in his signature but it is definetly in his home page.

Just in case web page

/ Machinery Auction #17  
Sorry guys. I got scolded /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif for listing my website address in the signature. Won't do that again. Anyway, Steve the site is new, and we probably receive somewhere between 100 to 300 unique visits on any given day. Which is nothing compared to other auction sites out there, but we are working on it. We have acheived front page ranks for some specific keywords and terms on Google, Yahoo, MSN, etc... and still working on the optimization. What I take pride in more than anything is protecting my users from these fakes (spoofs) you see on ebay and other sites that hijack other peoples identity and post fake auctions. I don't tolerate that mess and spend most of my time looking at every single person who registers on our site. If I see something suspicious or out of the ordinary in their registration information I will send them emails or call them on the phone just to see what kind of information I can get from them. If they don't check out their gone and I block their IP address and report them. They are pretty easy to spot on the back end. Most of them use the same patterns, register with stolen credit card numbers, different name on the card than the registration name, false telephone numbers, etc...... Idiots! Anyway, if I can help in any way please let me know.