Mad Cow Beef vs. Organic

/ Mad Cow Beef vs. Organic #11  
<font color="blue"> Wait til people get ahold of the new info on cholesterol. Seems it doesn't mean what we thought it did.
</font> Does that mean I should hold off on my Zocor refill? /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ Mad Cow Beef vs. Organic #12  
Thanks for the info on "year round forage". It sounds like an interesting idea. I'll have to start checking it out but I'll start at the Aggie site first, for obvious reasons.
Also, Cowboydoc, what is this new information on chloresterol? I've been battling high cholesterol for 20 years and I'd be really interested.
To get back to the thread, we cut hay and feed during the winter. I suspect those cows would get really thin if all they had was dead grass to eat. I won't touch the organic farming thing, that's one of my hot buttons but I thank those that have given a great explanation here already.

/ Mad Cow Beef vs. Organic #13  
<font color="brown"> I'll have to start checking it out but I'll start at the Aggie site first, for obvious reasons</font>

Lots of pictures... talk real slow... /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

You folks in BajaOklahoma sure are interestin'.... /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ Mad Cow Beef vs. Organic #14  
<font color="blue"> </font>

Ahhhhh Shhhuuucccks!!!! You guessed.

/ Mad Cow Beef vs. Organic #15  
cowboydoc,

<font color="blue">The other problem is alot of this is based on junk science. </font>

Ah, yes, lot of that going around. Juck food, junk politics, junk philosophy, junk this and junk that. You're right about that. I guess you're saying that the so-called "organic" issues are in many ways junk (or possibly a religious/policitcal issue)? Or, Re this thread, it's the "run-off" not any so-called difference between organic and artificial chemicals?

<font color="blue">Wait til people get ahold of the new info on cholesterol. Seems it doesn't mean what we thought it did. </font>

LDL? HDL? ?

JEH

/ Mad Cow Beef vs. Organic #16  
As far as cholesterol goes all of the pill pushing, diet regulations, etc. have made very little difference in the incidence of heart attacks. The facts are more than 65% of heart attacks happen in people with normal cholesterol and the majority of people with high cholesterol don't die from a heart attack! And none of the standard risk factors including smoking, obesity, genetics, or high cholesterol were factors in half of all heart attacks. The newest theory is that it's due to inflammatory conditions in the heart walls. Nearly 100% of people who died from heart attacks were found to have inflammation in the arteries. Anyway there's alot more to it. But this is a tractor board so I don't want to get too far off base.

/ Mad Cow Beef vs. Organic #17  
"But this is a tractor board so I don't want to get too far off base. "

This IS the related topics section.
I want to hear more. I'm sure just about everyone else does, also.
Cholesterol pertains to all TBN'ers! /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif