Made a HUGE mistake today, test drove an L-5740

/ Made a HUGE mistake today, test drove an L-5740 #1  

DaddyRabbit

Silver Member
Tractor
Kubota L-4610 HST
Mere words cannot describe the bliss that was felt atop this beast. I stopped in at my Kubota dealer to chat w/him about my new Tiller I had just had him order off and when I pull in the yard there it was :eek: It was Love at 1st sight!! Only I can get this side tracked. We walked out there and he was showing me the changes from my L-4610 of now, (maybe past) in regards to the 5740. I jumped on my throne/operators platform and started it up. I eased into the throttle enough to hear the turbo whine! I drove it around the yard and pulled it back in but of course couldn't get off of it in front of people :D . Hes sending someone to evaluate my 4610 this week in hopes of securing our secret parlay. Geesh, all I needed was a tiller :confused:

/ Made a HUGE mistake today, test drove an L-5740 #2  
I just bought a 3540. I test drove teh 5740 with the cab....i was all smiles and my wife looks at me and says " Do not even think about it"

I understand the problem...:)

/ Made a HUGE mistake today, test drove an L-5740 #3  
Problem? I don't see a problem with your behavior! I have to be the worlds worst...example:

I'm the guy who goes to Sears to get weed-eater cord and comes home with a new BBQ grill and a Lawn Mower on order!

The worst thing about it all...when I got home, I still had no weed-eater cord.

I add new meaning to the phrases "impulse shopping" and "attention deficit disorder"!

That's a nice tractor you looked at, I've seen pics at Kubota.com. I don't have a use for a tractor that size, but it would surely look nice sitting in my yard!

/ Made a HUGE mistake today, test drove an L-5740 #4  
i know the feeling ncnewbie.....i just bought a 3240 a month ago and that cab sure looked nice, just couldnt swing it at this time. Well the "BOSS" said I cant swing it at this time.

/ Made a HUGE mistake today, test drove an L-5740 #5  
DaddyRabbit said:
Mere words cannot describe the bliss that was felt atop this beast. I stopped in at my Kubota dealer to chat w/him about my new Tiller I had just had him order off and when I pull in the yard there it was :eek: It was Love at 1st sight!! Only I can get this side tracked. We walked out there and he was showing me the changes from my L-4610 of now, (maybe past) in regards to the 5740. I jumped on my throne/operators platform and started it up. I eased into the throttle enough to hear the turbo whine! I drove it around the yard and pulled it back in but of course couldn't get off of it in front of people :D . Hes sending someone to evaluate my 4610 this week in hopes of securing our secret parlay. Geesh, all I needed was a tiller :confused:

Dude, that's HILARIOUS.

Kinda takes away the advantage we always had when we could tell our wives "don't spend too much shopping at the mall" LOL.

/ Made a HUGE mistake today, test drove an L-5740 #6  
Oh, gosh, Daddyrabbit, you are in trouble now.....

I looked at the machine and I'm excited just seeing it on the net... the HSTplus looks AWESOME:eek:

If I were you, I'd get everything that could possibly go with it, including HSTplus, cab, front/rear extra lights, FEL, the whole shebang! But, that's just me spending your moeny:eek:!

/ Made a HUGE mistake today, test drove an L-5740 #7  
DaddyRabbit here's the plan: get the new tractor BUT swap the stickers. When I change my former BX23 for a B3030 my wife didn't see the difference. I'll try a L-series next time :D

/ Made a HUGE mistake today, test drove an L-5740
John
I am guessing it has the Hydro plus option. It had something like a 2 speed axle, a fast/slow speed on the left side directly under the steering wheel. It was a nice touch indeed. I want it to have an 853 loader w/skid steer quick disconnect option and a 4 in 1 bucket w/2-sets of rear remotes and a top. Be a pal and hit me up w/a loan. :cool:

texasjohn said:
If I were you, I'd get everything that could possibly go with it, including HSTplus,

/ Made a HUGE mistake today, test drove an L-5740
This would be a problem as its taller than my 4610 and its subject to taking up more space in the garage. She told me tonight only you could go out for a gallon of milk and come back riding the cow home :p

Stef said:
DaddyRabbit here's the plan: get the new tractor BUT swap the stickers. When I change my former BX23 for a B3030 my wife didn't see the difference. I'll try a L-series next time :D

/ Made a HUGE mistake today, test drove an L-5740 #10  
I made a bigger mistake and bought one. I am waiting for it to be delivered anyday now. I purchased a L5740HSTC with AG tires with the heavy round back skid steer quick connect bucket. I had a third hydraulic function added to the joystick for the loader and one rear hydraulic svc on the back. I took advantage of the 3 year 0 % financing.