Made the leap

/ Made the leap #1  

Tul01

Gold Member
Tractor
2015 John Deere 5115M, 1928 and 1945 hand start John Deere D's,
We finally made the leap and put a deposit on a 2008 Polaris Orange Crush. Not cheap but I think it matches our needs the best. It came down to the XUV and the Ranger. I drove a couple XUV's and several Rangers of different styles. Each tend to have their own personality. I was impressed with the heavy frame, smooth ride and drivetrain, ease of steering and apparent ease of routine maintenance of the XUV. I was less impressed with the cab area, though the seats are comfortable, I am not a small guy and it just felt too cramped in there, especially when I put some leg minders on to make sure the kids keep inside. Both are not exactly quiet. I liked the power of the Ranger, and the potential to go over 30mph, stock although that most likely won't be too common. I just wish the Ranger had a keyed speed controller like the XUV, where I could control the potential when the kids are out on it. Then it would be perfect for us.:)

/ Made the leap #3  
the keyed speed control is only available on the non fuel injected 500's not on the xp's

/ Made the leap
Our salesman thought it was the fuel injected models as well. It would seem to be easier on the electronic fuel injection to control speed, over a carb model, but I guess not. We have confirmed thru Polaris it is not available at this time:confused: .

Brent