Magnetic camera for truck bed

/ Magnetic camera for truck bed
The iball looks good, but to high. I think I found one on Amazon for around $70. Will need to look and see if I have a 7 way plug that I can put on it to use in my bed. Thanks for the suggestions. JC

/ Magnetic camera for truck bed #12  
Let us know what you get and how you like it.

/ Magnetic camera for truck bed #13  
ya want cheap?
get one of the magnetic rods that sit on the ball and and set it just ahead of the ball on the truck bed. i can back right up to the rod and when it touches the rod i am over the ball.

/ Magnetic camera for truck bed #14  
ya want cheap?
get one of the magnetic rods that sit on the ball and and set it just ahead of the ball on the truck bed. i can back right up to the rod and when it touches the rod i am over the ball.

I currently use a magnetic CB antenna stuck to the back side of my inbed fuel tank. When the tip of the antenna touches the GN stem I'm there. Problem is I have to be very close before I realize I might be off to the side a pinch.

Thought maybe a cheap camera setup would eliminate that problem.

/ Magnetic camera for truck bed #15  

On a similar note but a few dollars more. I bought one over 3 years ago when I had a 5th wheel camper. I'd set it right on the 5th wheel and guide myself right onto the pin. Sold the camper and then the last 3 trucks have had a tailgate cam so it hasn't been used in a long time. But I keep it on hand just in case. It was a great little camera for my needs at the time.

Amazon.com : Rear View Safety Wireless Magnetic Hitch Camera for Easy Hitching of Trailers, Travel Trailers and Fifth Wheels | RVS-83112 : Camera & Photo

/ Magnetic camera for truck bed #16  
I currently use a magnetic CB antenna stuck to the back side of my inbed fuel tank. When the tip of the antenna touches the GN stem I'm there. Problem is I have to be very close before I realize I might be off to the side a pinch.

Thought maybe a cheap camera setup would eliminate that problem.

So do I

I place it on the tongue and match it up with a sliver of duct tape on the top edge, and center of the tailgate. Line them up looking at the rearview mirror.

/ Magnetic camera for truck bed #17  
So do I

I place it on the tongue and match it up with a sliver of duct tape on the top edge, and center of the tailgate. Line them up looking at the rearview mirror.

Good solution.

In my older truck I painted a red stripe on the bed floor from the tailgate forward to the ball. In my newer truck I can't see any of the bed so I end up using the mirrors and trying to center myself. If I can back straight at the trailer that gets me within 2-3 inches. If I'm at an angle I'm guessing.