Mahindra 2538 Hst Won’t start

/ Mahindra 2538 Hst Won’t start #1  

Knook

Tractor
2018 Mahindra 2538 HST
I read through many of the other posts. My problem was I turn the key and just heard clicking, engine would not turn over. I checked my battery terminals, checked voltage At battery and starter all were good. Tried to start it again same clicking, but weaker until no clicking. Waited an hour and tried to start again, clicking not turn over. All fuses good in front and under lower dash cowling. Can’t find any PTO switch to check, where is it? Anyway, now I have nothing when I turn the key. Battery still good. Anyone know where the hell you can get a wiring schematic? I looked everywhere….ugh

/ Mahindra 2538 Hst Won’t start #2  
I was using my 2538 last summer mowing. Started right up. Came in to have lunch, and when I went back out to start it, got the same clicking noise you did, only not as much. Voltage was OK, but the amps were gone...just like that.

Put a new battery in it, and away we went. (if you checked the amps as well as the voltage, then there is something else wrong).

Check your grounding wire from the battery to the frame. It might be loose, or have bad contact. Same thing with the starter & solenoid.

IF...you have to replace the battery, make sure you look at the orientation of which side the + and - are on, as well as are they located in the back of the battery or the front. Cause you can't turn the battery any which way you want with the short factory battery cables. (ask me how I know....)

Oh...and welcome to the board !

/ Mahindra 2538 Hst Won’t start #3  
It has been a common issue with others on FB and it happened to me as well.
I would prove that corrosion is not the issue before spending any money.
Trace every wire from battery terminals back. Don't stop if you find some, there is probably more. (ask me how I know).
The last corrosion I found was under a small red wire attached to the battery (not sure where it went).

I suggest dielectric grease on everything as you go. Good luck and let us know what your issue was for others to learn from it.

PS-Beware of the battery terminals. Mine (2638) was cheap stamped metal that fractured as I took off the cable. So that was another trip to auto store to replace both with better connectors.

Good luck.

/ Mahindra 2538 Hst Won’t start #4  
I had this happen to me, and it was the ground. I removed it, cleaned it up, threw some terminal grease on it. Haven't had a problem since.