Mahindra 2538 loader bucket

/ Mahindra 2538 loader bucket #1  

keith27581

Tractor
Mahindra 2538
I need a replacement bucket for my 2018 Mahindra 2538. What size bucket do I need to order and where, other than the dealer, can I get one from? I’ve tried calling the dealer but they never call back. I’ve also spoken to a couple of metal places and they can’t get it straightened out. It’s a standard duty bucket. Thanks in advance for any help.

/ Mahindra 2538 loader bucket #2  
I am curious about the damage. It is hard to believe it is damaged beyond repair. Was this from use or was the machine involved in an accident? i see the bucket listed as 66" and 67" so not sure which it is but i'd bet 66". A search came up with part# 85814001001 but I cant find a price listed on any Mahindra parts stores. You can always try different dealers until you get an answer. If your bucket is set up for quick attach, finding an appropriate universal bucket will be easy......it's just money. :) Actually, I guarantee a "universal" option will be much cheaper than the OEM bucket.

Is it possible to post a pic of the bucket. Lots of knowledgable folks here and bucket repair is not an unusual topic.

/ Mahindra 2538 loader bucket
I am curious about the damage. It is hard to believe it is damaged beyond repair. Was this from use or was the machine involved in an accident? i see the bucket listed as 66" and 67" so not sure which it is but i'd bet 66". A search came up with part# 85814001001 but I cant find a price listed on any Mahindra parts stores. You can always try different dealers until you get an answer. If your bucket is set up for quick attach, finding an appropriate universal bucket will be easy......it's just money. :) Actually, I guarantee a "universal" option will be much cheaper than the OEM bucket.

Is it possible to post a pic of the bucket. Lots of knowledgable folks here and bucket repair is not an unusual topic.
I was looking at a universal one but wasn’t sure how they’re sized, thank you for the answer. My brother in law borrowed the tractor and used it to try and up root a large tree. Lesson learned to not loan out equipment.

/ Mahindra 2538 loader bucket
It hits bent at the bottom

Attachments

• 1CF8C4F2-E036-4936-9D62-B3DD389BC2D3.jpeg
    1CF8C4F2-E036-4936-9D62-B3DD389BC2D3.jpeg
    4.4 MB · Views: 87
   / Mahindra 2538 loader bucket #5  
It hits bent at the bottom
A good welding shop that’s used to working on farm equipment could fix that
I have a very slight bend in my bucket from a stump years ago but not that bad
The cutting edge is replaceable, needs to be torched off, then the bucket straightened out and new cutting edge welded back on
May cost half of a whole new bucket
Just a thought

/ Mahindra 2538 loader bucket #6  
Yep, seems things are often times returned in less than original condition. Your bucket damage is a reasonably common occurance and I suggest you Google "straighten bent loader bucket" and you will find lots of posts ( many of them from here on TBN) of how others have addressed the issue. Good luck and as always, if you don't post your"fix" with pictures, it never happened ;)

/ Mahindra 2538 loader bucket #8  
What happens when you use a light duty material bucket for prying with. I've repaired many of them but it entails cutting the side sheets loose and then heating the floor sheet and bending the floor sheet back straight and then rewelding the side sheets. What happens is the floor sheet pulls the side sheets inward when you bend it. People aren't aware but with most tractors you can get an excavation bucket (which has a double floor sheet and bolt on cutting edge) or a light duty material bucket and most tractors come with the light duty bucket standard. I have both for my Kubota's, but you have to specify when you order the tractor. That can be a painful and somewhat expensive fix.

/ Mahindra 2538 loader bucket #9  
Any skid steer attachment bucket will work. I think a 72" would be too big for most tasks (but ideal for many of mine) but a 66" skidsteer bucket would be ideal.

/ Mahindra 2538 loader bucket #10  
that is not damage this is damage!

Attachments

• CARNAGE.jpg
    CARNAGE.jpg
    4.2 MB · Views: 70