Mahindra 2615 3 Pt Hitch Won't Lift High Enough

/ Mahindra 2615 3 Pt Hitch Won't Lift High Enough #1  

LSU-Mike

The maximum lift height has diminished over the last few months. The operator's manual only addresses the raise stop position setting. With no implements attached, and the hitch control lever at the max height position, the end of the lift arms are approx. 21" from the ground. At the lowest lever position the lift arms are approx. 8" from the ground. When in the max height position I can easily lift the arms another 8" by hand.

The hitch control lever won't stay at the max position of its travel. I can pull the lever to the max position, but it moves down about 1" when I release it. This 1" downward movement doesn't affect the ram shaft arm movement. It feels like there is a bind in the lever linkage when approaching the max position, but I can't identify the cause of these bind. I don't know if this has any bearing on the limited lift height.

I've had the tractor since new (almost 11 years). Less than 700 hours. I just replaced the hydraulic fluid and filter, but no affect. The FEL works fine.

Thanks in advance.
Mike