Mahindra 2615 Gear Glow plug conversion help.

/ Mahindra 2615 Gear Glow plug conversion help. #1  

rduer3

Tractor
Mahindra 2615
Looking to convert from 3 second timer to 10 second timer, dual harness system. What are the part numbers for the relays/controller, and does anyone have a diagram to build the wiring harness. I don't want to spend over $400.00 if purchased from a dealer. I am hoping to buy the parts and make the wiring harness myself to save some money. Any help and advice are appreciated.

/ Mahindra 2615 Gear Glow plug conversion help. #2  
Probably a dumb question but why not cycle the switch three or four times?

/ Mahindra 2615 Gear Glow plug conversion help.
Probably a dumb question but why not cycle the switch three or four times?
I can't purchase the same 3 second glow plugs anymore. Dealer says you have to convert it to a ten second plug and timer. All three original glow plugs are shot.

/ Mahindra 2615 Gear Glow plug conversion help. #6  
Looking to convert from 3 second timer to 10 second timer, dual harness system. What are the part numbers for the relays/controller, and does anyone have a diagram to build the wiring harness. I don't want to spend over $400.00 if purchased from a dealer. I am hoping to buy the parts and make the wiring harness myself to save some money. Any help and advice are appreciated.
No need for a dual harness system. The Mahindra part number is 19672980000 Glow plug kit. I bought mine in 2011 for $198.65. It came with the timer and plugs.

/ Mahindra 2615 Gear Glow plug conversion help.
No need for a dual harness system. The Mahindra part number is 19672980000 Glow plug kit. I bought mine in 2011 for $198.65. It came with the timer and plugs.
Mine is the dual harness system. They want over $400.00 for the conversion kit today. I just think its robbery. The dealer charged me $125.00 for the wrong (10 second plugs not 3 second) glow plugs. After checking price online for the same glow plugs i could have purchased them for less than $50.00. Tired of being bent over by the dealership.
Want to convert to 10 second timer for dual harness system.

/ Mahindra 2615 Gear Glow plug conversion help. #8  
Sorry, but I wasn't aware of a dual harness system. My 2615 doesn't have one. I don't understand why you can't use the replacement parts I listed. It is the new 10 second timer.

/ Mahindra 2615 Gear Glow plug conversion help. #9  
I have a similar issue as others. In this cold weather I've found that two of three glow plugs are open on my Mahindra 2615 Gear. The current plugs are NGKY-724U. With 8 V stamped below the part number, so I assume they're 8 volt. The serial number of the tractor is 040970882. My local dealer "thinks" I need a conversion kit - at "around" $500 plus shipping. An online dealer has kits for $250 for single harness or $436 for dual harness. Their website states that if there is a controller and a relay, that the $436 version is what I need. Below is a photo of what I have, so it appears I "need" the dual harness version.

Because the current plugs have lasted me just over 10 years (less than 800 hours), why can't I stay with plugs equivalent to what I now have? We don't have a lot of really cold weather here in south Louisiana (except for this winter). If the consensus is that I should convert, which kit should I get? Any source out there less than the prices shown here?

Thanks all.
GlowPlugParts.jpg

/ Mahindra 2615 Gear Glow plug conversion help. #10  
I commented on your other post, that is the single harness kit. Have plenty of them instock and could ship one to you.