Mahindra 4010 steering issue

/ Mahindra 4010 steering issue #11  
It's a gear
This PDF diagram shows where the other two hoses go. I believe it for the gear model.

For more help and suggestions check this sites for other posts,
It appears there is two different part numbers 001 or 002 which is used on different models.

Attachments

• Illustration_04172021.pdf
    149 KB · Views: 79
  • Illustration_04172021a.pdf
    271.2 KB · Views: 68
Last edited:
   / Mahindra 4010 steering issue
I read through this thread, and although I don't have a leaking issue, I think the seals in the steering valve are likely the problem. I haven't switched the hoses yet, but based on the fact that it doesn't lose steering angle when I turn left, only right, I tend to think it's not the steering cylinder. If the cylinder was leaking by, I think it would leak both ways. I stopped by my local Mahindra dealer today, and talked to the parts guy for a while. He said they had a guy with a 2555 (I think) that had a very similar problem, and he showed them this same thread (the one you linked). They bought the same o-rings, and rebuilt the steering valve and fixed the problem. With labor it was under $400. I'm thinking this is the cheapest route to go at this point.

Thank you for the help! I'll let you know how it works out.

/ Mahindra 4010 steering issue #13  
Could you have air in the system and have you looked at a procedure for bleeding the air in the power steering.
Possible a bad hydraulic pump ,low oil and maybe a issue with suction pipes

/ Mahindra 4010 steering issue #14  
Where do you find the procedure for bleeding the air in the power steering?????

/ Mahindra 4010 steering issue #15  
Where do you find the procedure for bleeding the air in the power steering?????
In my service manual the procedure is and I'm assuming it would be something like yours.
1. Set engine speed to 1500-2000 rpm
2. Relieve for approximately 3 seconds on maximum steering angle baby operating the steering wheel to left and right.
3. Repeat the procedure 2 in both left and right direction 3 to 4 times.