Tire Selection Mahindra 4025

/ Mahindra 4025 #1  

hayboy48

Bronze Member
Tractor
Mahandria 4025
Need a change from narrow 3 rib front tires to a fat flotation tire of sorts. 2 wheel drive with loader, it will get stuck in a min. Please I don稚 want to break the bank and don稚 want to take the loader off and on. Thanks

/ Mahindra 4025 #2  
Do a bit of measuring to see how much space you have before rubbing takes place. I replaced the three rib tires on my Mitsubishi tractor with five rib but wouldn't want to go any wider. You may go further by reversing the rims but that will put extra strain on the axles.

/ Mahindra 4025 #3  
Need a change from narrow 3 rib front tires to a fat flotation tire of sorts. 2 wheel drive with loader, it will get stuck in a min. Please I don稚 want to break the bank and don稚 want to take the loader off and on. Thanks

Since your tractor is 2wd, you have options. However your options are limited by your current wheels and your budget.
I will let you determine your budget.
As was mentioned, your wheels limit you by the clearance when turning. Frequently, front tractor tires have a offset to the inside by design for wheel bearing and the front spindles, hubs and bearings are not over-engineered to withstand the greater stress of reversing their positions on the tractor.

One of your better options, in my opinion, would be a turf type tire that would spread the tractor, loader, and loader load over a larger footprint to the ground. An option for a wider tire might be automotive tires (see limiting factors below).
However, you are now back to the clearance trade off. Now your budget comes back. Is it more budget freely for you to do more frequent front end repairs caused by swapping the dish orientation of the wheels or buying new wheels to keep the weight orientation in place, but forcing more of the tire to the outside of the wheel.

/ Mahindra 4025
I think a wider rim and turf tire will be looked at. I do very little serious loader work so axle load would not be a problem. Thanks

/ Mahindra 4025
Thinking about dropping the big weight under the front axle. Heavyest thing I will pick up on the rear is a disc.

/ Mahindra 4025 #7  
The one thing a 3 rib does very well is turn in soft ground or snow. That big center rib digs in good when you turn.
If you go to a turf tire, you will want to make sure it has the load capacity to handle what you are doing.
Also, understand that a turf tread is not going to turn as well in soft soil, or mud, or wet grass.

I am not sure what size tire you have on it now, but if you go to a wider tire, you will probably need a wheel with a different offset so you don't rub your axle/spindle.

Good Luck.