Mahindra 4550 temp gauge

/ Mahindra 4550 temp gauge #1  

rockarosa

Bronze Member
Tractor
Mahindra 4550
Well took delivery of my new Mahindra but the temp gauge is barely moving. wondered where the sending unit is on the engine. Trying to check the little things before I call the dealer.

/ Mahindra 4550 temp gauge #2  
Well took delivery of my new Mahindra but the temp gauge is barely moving. wondered where the sending unit is on the engine. Trying to check the little things before I call the dealer.

Don't know about yours but mine was up next to the thermostat. I unplugged it and checked it cold with an ohm meter, then ran the engine and checked it again after it was warmed up. The readings were different enough that I knew the sensor was likely OK. Investigation revealed that it was the faulty ECU programming so an ECU reflash took care of it. However Mahindra makes a bigger deal out of it than it really is. They had the dealer haul the thing down there and do it at the dealership while an ECU reflash can easily be done in a matter of minutes, on site with the proper tool. They wanted to do something simple over the Internet which is just asking for trouble IMHO. A modified code scanner and a thumb drive just isn't exotic nor expensive hardware. There is enough ECU reflashing going on that Mahindra needs to address how they are currently handling it and do something to make it easier and more convenient for the customer. It wouldn't be hard.

/ Mahindra 4550 temp gauge #3  
i think this is the third thread the op has posted in.

op, check the other ones you created and you'll find your possible answer.