Mahindra 6000 "Music" Electrical Connector

/ Mahindra 6000 "Music" Electrical Connector #1  

Fredex

Silver Member
Tractor
Mahindra 6000
Mahindra 6000 \"Music\" Electrical Connector

The wiring diagram for my 6000 shows a 3-prong electrical connector labeled "Music." I've located a connector under the seat with corresponding wire color codes and voltage/switch status. It is a female connector capped with a blank.

Anyone know the amperage capacity - it isn't in the manual.
And does anyone know if Mahindra stocks a male connector with pigtails to mate up with it.

E-mailed Mahindra tech group from their web site about a month ago - NO response.

Objective is to use this power the chemical shutoff valve on my sprayer. I could cut the connector & replace but there isn't much spare wire length.

Tnx

/ Mahindra 6000 "Music" Electrical Connector #2  
Re: Mahindra 6000 \"Music\" Electrical Connector

My 6500 also has this connector. Is it for a hookup, of a Mahindra supplied radio, do you think?

I have another connector under the seat that is twice the size of the "music" one. Any one know what this might be for?

/ Mahindra 6000 "Music" Electrical Connector

Maine___

I believe all the "00" series have that small connector. Probably is intended for something like radio, CD player, etc. Dealer couldn't find anything about it. In fact couldn't even find a list of electrical parts. I'm just looking for a way to connect my sprayer solenoid valve. Any source for a matching male connector will do - doesn't have to be Mahindra.

/ Mahindra 6000 "Music" Electrical Connector #4  

What kind of sprayer do you use? I am considering buying one in the next few months.

rvaitor
Sprayer is a small, 30 gallon air-blast type w/ 3 pt hitch. Made by Automatic Equipment Mfg Co in Pender, NE. They have since sold their sprayer line to another company.
I use it in a small vineyard - also great for fruit trees. Because the airblast blows through the canopy I use about one-third the volume and one-third to one-half the chemical of a boom sprayer.

/ Mahindra 6000 "Music" Electrical Connector #6  

</font><font color="blue" class="small">( rvaitor
Sprayer is a small, 30 gallon air-blast type w/ 3 pt hitch. Made by Automatic Equipment Mfg Co in Pender, NE. They have since sold their sprayer line to another company.
I use it in a small vineyard - also great for fruit trees. Because the airblast blows through the canopy I use about one-third the volume and one-third to one-half the chemical of a boom sprayer. )</font>

Could you explain this "blows through the canopy" vs a boom sprayer. I am interested in a general purpose sprayer - spray fence rows and also possibly some fruit trees. I understand you can "neutralize" a sprayer so that a de-foliant won't harm something you are trying to fertilize or protect.

Thanks

There are several basic designs of "air blast" sprayers. Mine has a squirrel cage blower (about 12 x 12') driven by pto through pulleys & belts to increase the speed to several times the 540 PTO rpm. At the end of the volute (air outlet of the blower) is a pipe with the chemical nozzles. Thus the chemical is mixed with the blast of air and blown through the target - vineyard in my case.
I don't use this sprayer for weed control for two reasons. First, I don't like (or trust) neutralizing the system to prevent damage to vines and trees. Second, the coverage is far too broad unless you want to defoliate a 40 foot band. I use a spot sprayer for taking out thistles, multifloral rose, etc and to control weeds under the grape vines. A multi-nozzle boom sprayer would have the same disadvantages for fence row control - too broad an area. What I call a boom sprayer is a long row of nozzles on a fold-up boom with no air blower. Some boom sprayers have a hose & wand attachment for spot spraying. Small spot sprayers for small acreages, with or without a small boom are available from places like TSC. These usually have an 12V electric diaphragm pump.

/ Mahindra 6000 "Music" Electrical Connector #8  

Thanks,

I was looking at the units at TSC - I've got about 2000ft of fence row I want to clean up.

/ Mahindra 6000 "Music" Electrical Connector #9  

</font><font color="blue" class="small">( The wiring diagram for my 6000 shows a 3-prong electrical connector labeled "Music." I've located a connector under the seat with corresponding wire color codes and voltage/switch status. It is a female connector capped with a blank.

Anyone know the amperage capacity - it isn't in the manual.
And does anyone know if Mahindra stocks a male connector with pigtails to mate up with it.

E-mailed Mahindra tech group from their web site about a month ago - NO response.

Objective is to use this power the chemical shutoff valve on my sprayer. I could cut the connector & replace but there isn't much spare wire length.

Tnx )</font>

I have forwarded this to our product support group and will post an anwser for you.

Thanks, MUSA