Mahindra 75B Backhoe Thumb

/ Mahindra 75B Backhoe Thumb #1  

audsp98

Silver Member
Tractor
Mahindra 3550 HST
I'm looking for an after market mechanical thumb for the 75B backhoe. The dealer version seems way over priced for a mechanical backhoe. Any help would be appreciated.

/ Mahindra 75B Backhoe Thumb #2  
How much was the dealer? I thought woods was crazy, asking $400 for mine. Then I looked around.

/ Mahindra 75B Backhoe Thumb #3  
I'm looking for an after market mechanical thumb for the 75B backhoe. The dealer version seems way over priced for a mechanical backhoe. Any help would be appreciated.

Let me know if you find anything! I think I was quoted $1300 for a mechanical thumb, and about 3k for a hydraulic. Even the dealer said that seemed like a lot of money for what it was. I'm planning to have some pieces CNC cut by a buddy to build one myself soon. I'll design it to accept a piston, but just make it mechanical for the time being.

/ Mahindra 75B Backhoe Thumb #4  
Titan Attachments makes a universal thumb that I think is a weld-on. There may be other universal thumbs also.

/ Mahindra 75B Backhoe Thumb #5  
Since I have gotten use to using a thumb on my Cat, I went to the Massey dealer on Monday to inquire about a thumb. I was shocked when they wanted $500 for a mechanical thumb and $4,000 to make it hydraulic. So I went online shopping. Lots of options, but I settled on a Titan Bolt on for $209. Should be here in a week.

A mechanical thumb is a simple thing and the bolt on should work for me when I'm at my cabin picking up logs to cut into firewood.

/ Mahindra 75B Backhoe Thumb #6  
Titan offers multiple thumbs in both mechanical and hydraulic at very reasonable prices. The bolt on thumb will only fit boom arms that are up to 3.25" wide. Do you know the width on your 75B? If you are outside of that width, the weld on would be the next alternative. Just in case you are interested, I have a link to all of the thumbs here: Thumbs - Backhoe Attachments - Skid Steer Attachments

There is also a photo contest that is giving the winning photo a $100 off next purchase. You can see the contest info on the same link to the thumbs. It ends 2/28.

/ Mahindra 75B Backhoe Thumb
How much was the dealer? I thought woods was crazy, asking $400 for mine. Then I looked around.

The mechanical thumb from the dealer is around $1000.

/ Mahindra 75B Backhoe Thumb #8  
What are you guys calling a mechanical thumb? Something like this?

image-1276385917.jpg

Here's my thumb that I have less than $300 in.

image-345648600.jpg

/ Mahindra 75B Backhoe Thumb